Console pics

73Coupe

Reaction score
I am looking for some of your console pics, installed in car.

In particular, I am curious as to how the carpet glued onto the sides at the front drapes down and over the floor carpet....

Just finish the "resto" on mine...

IMG_6632.jpeg
IMG_6633.jpeg
IMG_6631.jpeg

I could also get some pictures of his Sport Fury convertible or his S/23 as they both have consoles if it will help.

I am looking for some of your console pics, installed in car.

In particular, I am curious as to how the carpet glued onto the sides at the front drapes down and over the floor carpet....

Just finish the "resto" on mine...

View attachment 653669View attachment 653670View attachment 653668
I'm not 100% sure if this helps... Your carpet looks right to me. It just drapes down over the hump and that's it. Glued to the console only. It's slightly offset towards the driver, so one side is longer than the other.

I can't get at my '70 right now but my car isn't what you call a "reference original" by any stretch, so any pics are of what looked good to me at the time.

Rather than "drapes", I suspect the carpet will "just touch" the existing floor carpet. Otherwise you'd have an unfinished carpet edge to look at instead of a basic continuation of the console carpet.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Rather than "drapes", I suspect the carpet will "just touch" the existing floor carpet. Otherwise you'd have an unfinished carpet edge to look at instead of a basic continuation of the console carpet.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

That's what I was thinking. Instead it makes a right turn at the floor and then goes laterally for about 1" each side. These are all OEM materials installed back in the same locations...

I added dynamat to the floors so they raised up very slightly slightly to meet the console just a tad sooner.... maybe 3/32".

Back