Continental k... ****

i like it i can have my picnic on the bumper during my 3hr lunch break

pffft lawn chairs, 15 minutes to eat my food and the 2.75 hr nap

First if you're going to add the custom antennas in the rear at least remove the one up front.
Second, when taking pictures of cars take time to look at the background so you don't end up with a wart on the car ruining an otherwise good picture.
Lastly, if this was not a convertible it would greatly help getting at the spare, as it is I have to climb into the trunk to get mine out.

Alan

It's reversible, no permanent damage, I'm sure. I can think of lots worse things to booger up a car with!

Last edited:
It enhances the “long and low” look that was so popular at that time.very creative ,I remember seeing lots of enhanced accessories just like that in my neighborhood when I was younger.

Thanks Jess, I know what it does and where the Continental kit comes from, but it's a 40s and mainly 50s accessory. It just don't belong on a car from 1969! It's not period!

I agree there`s a lot of 50`s touches that don`t work on a 69. Just like the wide whites . I am a fan of whitewalls used properly to restore cars to the way they looked in the day. The wide whites on this car are a mis-application in my opinion. Kind of like slapping bumble bee stripes on a C body just because it`s a Mopar...just doesn`t work.

It needs one of these for the back deck....

But hey, overall, it's a clean looking Plymouth. At least the continental kit can be removed when a shorter parking space is needed.

boat ladder.jpg

I coudn't resist, I just have to show you this...er... impressive modification :wtf:

View attachment 95938

I know everybody hates this continental kit, but I like it a little bit. I mean: I wouldn't put one on my car, but it does make a long car look (and be) a lot longer. If I remember these things, there is a lever you can pull which causes the spare tire enclosure to tilt back, so you can more easily get into the trunk.

He musta wanted an Impala! None of that works on that Fury!!

That's a Fury VIP, Very Impala Plymouth.:D
I*m not even too partial on the "Continental kit" on the original Continental.

Back