Correct small-block (318) engine color for 1967 C-body?

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that when the polysphere's got retired in 1966 (or a year later in Canada) that the LA blocks were also painted red? Even if a lot of C-bodys didn't get small blocks in '67, for those other A/B/E body cars that did, again I assume that the 318's were red?

My rebuilt 318 (circa 1987) came painted blue, I will have a chance to repaint it soon, is red more appropriate?

My intake and oil pan are red, the rest is blue. I'm going to look into getting the oil pan powder coated, hence the need to resolve the color issue.

As far as I know all 67 small blocks were red. I think the only paint engine shops had in the 80s was Ford blue.

Alan

I'm guessing that when the polysphere's got retired in 1966 (or a year later in Canada) that the LA blocks were also painted red? Even if a lot of C-bodys didn't get small blocks in '67, for those other A/B/E body cars that did, again I assume that the 318's were red?

My rebuilt 318 (circa 1987) came painted blue, I will have a chance to repaint it soon, is red more appropriate?

My intake and oil pan are red, the rest is blue. I'm going to look into getting the oil pan powder coated, hence the need to resolve the color issue.
IMG_0563.jpeg

Here’s a pic of the 318 LA in the Canadian built 68 Polara I used to own. It was an early production car October 1967 if I remember right I believe the block was cast in March of that year? No clue if this is any help. But personally, I think the red looks better than blue!

-Josh

Back