For Sale Cox Sea Bee gas powered BLUE 60's tether Speed boat .049 rare mint condition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph23vo

Reaction score
Contact seller
Cox Sea Bee gas powered BLUE 60's tether Speed boat .049 rare mint condition! super cool 60's sea bee boat... i have had this since the mid 70's.. i never ran it... was on display in my display case with NO NATURAL LIGHT getting to it.. BLUE IS THE FIRST AND RAREST COLOR FOR THIS BOAT..MINT CONDITION

599.00 obro + 35.00 ship usa

018.JPG

015.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

If you read the post title several times and it still made no sense without the photo; raise your hand.

Had one as a kid until the tether string broke...
Rare? probably...
Great condition? Definitely!
Worth the asking price??? probably not...but it's pretty cool all the same.
Now if it had a hemi under the hood then we're talking!:lol:

Good luck with the sail!

Last edited:
If you read the post title several times and it still made no sense without the photo; raise your hand.
I figured it out before I opened the thread.:thumbsup:

I figured it out before I opened the thread.:thumbsup:

Then you may keep your hand down. Having no knowledge of RC boats (if that's what this is?), it looked like random words and numbers. "Sea" and "boat" cued me into a boat, but then I was lost.

Then you may keep your hand down. Having no knowledge of RC boats (if that's what this is?), it looked like random words and numbers. "Sea" and "boat" cued me into a boat, but then I was lost.
I knew what it was too.

Maybe it's generational. I never heard of any of this stuff. So does the boat just go in a straight line, then you pull it back with a string?

I had several of the Cox Indy race cars that you could get with Sprite soda. Under the bottle cap was a small clear rubber like icon of the sprite logo.

Maybe it's generational. I never heard of any of this stuff. So does the boat just go in a straight line, then you pull it back with a string?
It goes in circles and is tethered to a pole in the middle of the water.

You fire it up and for 5 minutes go around in circles at about 100mph!!!

Nitro, a propeller, a battery, what could go wrong? lol. We didn't know any better, so I guess we were safe.
I had some sliced up fingers as a young teenager trying to fly those plastic flying airplanes...
Stupid things would take forever to get running then crash with any aerobatics you would try....

I had a plane, a friend had a Navy Corsair. Mine never ran as good as his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back