Dad passed away last week

Tim I am so sorry to hear of your dads passing. I pray and keep you in my thoughts often. I feel your pain knowing how fortunate I am having my mom alive and in good health. If I can help you in any way let me know.

Last edited:
Growing up in the inner city mean streets of Dayton Ohio was not the best place to raise 5 kids. We didn't come from money, but I remember both dad and mom would do anything for us, struggling to make ends meet on a single income. We always had dinner together, even if it was just mac & cheese and carnation milk.
My first job was a morning newspaper route. I was making maybe $15 a week, and gave it all to them. Never thought twice about it.
It just seemed normal to me to contribute that tiny sum to the family till.
Those small life lessons like that and other examples instilled on us growing up, helped shape an appreciation of always showing a level of fairness towards others.
My dad had so many other interests too that kept him busy besides his family, home and job.
He worked to save many historical buildings in Dayton from the wrecking ball, was involved with the revitalization of the oldest neighborhood in Dayton, the Oregon District, and had a passion for trains and trolly cars.
A few years ago, after my mom had passed, I invited him to my home. On that trip we visited the Illinois Railway Museum. He really did enjoy himself that weekend.
Earlier this year, I had told him it was where I was going to have the 5th annual C Body Show.
In retrospect, I believe during that conversation he'd mentioned he would've like to have been able to come to the show, but knowing his medical condition, he knew he wouldn't have been able to make the trip.
He'll be there in spirt for me.

Tim, I found this thread after reading your post in the River Run thread. I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept the expression of my most sincere condolences to you, your brother, and your whole family.

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news. Our thoughts, prayers and sincere condolences go out to you and to all those who knew and loved your dad.

Sorry to hear.

You will really miss him the first time you need an answer and he's no longer there. It's been 27 years for me.

Be blessed in your mourning.

My deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss. I can relate to your circumstances my dad is 91 and in a similar type of facility under the same conditions. He has had three 14 day quarantines in his room since last October, all precautionary due to staff members testing positive. Some of them would rather be gone than endure the loneliness.

Back