Dash Pad Cover Recommendation

sprice

Reaction score
I have tried about 5 times to repair my dash pad for my 68’ 300 with the polyvance products and have not been able to get to level out. Seems the heat and cooling have effects in the repair. Depends on angle and temp on how it will present. Anyone have any recommendations as to a good dash cover for a 1968 300. Likely the same for the Newport, New Yorker. Thanks.

Most likely best to send it a professional that specializes in this segment of the restoration business such as Just Dashes; there are others that restore pads as well. Good luck!

Most likely best to send it a professional that specializes in this segment of the restoration business such as Just Dashes; there are others that restore pads as well. Good luck!

Being up in the front window the dash goes through some pretty intense thermal cycles. I believe there would be too much movement for a split.
I used JustDashes for my ‘68 Polara it wasn’t cheap, but the grain and color are a perfect match.

Sorry I cannot rotate the picture on my phone.
upload_2018-10-14_9-56-53.jpeg

on the cheep a dash mat, it sorta forms to the shape of the dash and looks 10 thousand times better than a ragged out dashpad

my posse was rollin shotgun today, stayin in the draft. stick n move.
20181014_105608.jpg

Correct about the heat cycles. Seems like since it was repaired at say 75 degrees, its starts to take on different shapes above and below that however seems to come back to acceptable appearance at around the 65-75 degree mark. Mr. Saylor, where did you get your pad cover and was it shaped for your dash?

I think its called dash mat and it was recommended from here on this forum. yes it was shaped for the dash, and once in place, further conformed to shape.

you gonna have to get your own lizard tho.

try not to die -

- saylor

Back