Dental Insurance, Is it a rip off?

I go once a year, 200 for the cleaning and out the door. Take good care of my teeth. I hear the plastic ones suck.

Last time I went to the dentist was for a deep cleaning. They did one side, it hurt so bad I never went back. That was 1998.

Have one of the plans offered to retired military. Same plan that congress has. Just had 3 implant preps and they paid half.

don't floss:wideyed:drink lotsa sugary soda:)
eat popcorn with old maids:popcorn: and then I can fuel my fusie disease into eternity.:lol:
Thanks for the prescription, Doc.
I have arthritis and an osteopath who recs no gluten, no dairy, low sugar. Conflicting prescriptions. What to do? what to do?:wtf:
Decisions:
STICK WITH MY ANTI-ARTHRITIS DIET
LIKE YOUR 72-73 IMP FUSIES WHENEVER I SEE THEM (EASY TO DO)
CANCELLED MY RENAISSANCE DENTAL THIS MORNING. PAY OUT OF POCKET UNTIL I FIND SOMETHING WORTH THE MONEY.

thanks, Ben

83280483_1454639214718652_8622747424881901568_o.jpg

My first Dentist growing up in the 1960's for me and my brothers came from WWII. Doctor Temkin also carved numerous animal figures out of Ivory and displayed those in his office.

Dental insurance can indeed feel like a puzzle, especially when the costs and benefits don't seem to align. It's essential to evaluate your individual needs and expenses to determine if your current plan is the best fit. While insurance can provide peace of mind, it's crucial to consider alternative options like dental savings plans or paying out of pocket for routine visits, especially if you find yourself not fully utilizing your coverage.
Exploring different options and seeking advice from trusted professionals, like jeffreygrossdds.com, can help you make a more informed decision about your dental care. They can provide insights tailored to your specific circumstances and guide you towards the most cost-effective solutions.

Last edited:
I wish the patient insurance max was higher. We can max a patient out early in the year with one crown ($1446.00) and a cleaning, exam with xrays. ($300.00).

I wish the patient insurance max was higher. We can max a patient out early in the year with one crown ($1446.00) and a cleaning, exam with xrays. ($300.00).
A coworker was just complaining about that, how he would have to pay for everything after he had whatever procedure done in January. However, our cleanings are covered with our plan.

Check around if paying for the insurance yourself. My Dentist is one of several at that location and part of a five city chain. They are large enough to offer their own insurance if you have none offered if you still are working. Every year the plan and costs can change. I know the yearly amount went up for this year.

We just got back from Mexico, $50 for an ultasonic cleaning. Had 6 amalgam fillings removed, teeth checked and replaced fillings with white composite for 860.00, took 3 visits (3 days)

Back