Documentary-Bobby Isaac sets a Bonneville land speed record in a '69 Daytona

Davea Lux

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
So, it wasn't so much a kind hearted donation by Krauskopf, more of a tax right off. At least he put up the money to restore the Daytona.

Good article! When that car was at Amelia a number of years ago (maybe 10), Tim Wellborn was the consummate host, explaining all the VERY interesting "cheating" mods and pretty much letting me crawl all over the thing. Tim LOVES to explain stuff like that, all the while with an involved and humorous grin on his face. He's the best!

Oh...when I saw the car there was a pull tab ("ring tab" or "pop top") from a soda or beer can on the floor. These tabs were mostly gone by the early 80s, replaced by the "stay tabs" we have now. Anyway, it was firmly wedged into place along a piece of structure and Tim said "I'm leaving it there. Might be historic." :)

Steve Lehto, the author of that article wrote a pretty good biography of Bobby Isaac. I read it a couple years ago.

IMHO, Lehto also wrote the best books on the Turbine cars and Tuckers and does a podcast on YouTube Steve Lehto

Back