Does a leak-proof battery exist?

Henrius

Reaction score
I am so tired of battery acid destroying the battery tray and sheet metal underneath. I am thinking about either one or both remedies:

1. A nylon liner to go under between the battery and tray. Some new cars have these. Trouble is, I have not seen one for Group 27 batteries. Guess someone could fabricate it out of fiberglass for me.

2. A leak-proof battery. Are any of those high-priced one completely sealed so no acid can escape?

Thanks.

Any agm battery should do the job. I prefer optima bluetops which are designed for boat use but are great for cars also. Especially for ones that are parked for winter

Ummm... Something is wrong if your battery is leaking. Overfilled, overcharging etc.

Ummm... Something is wrong if your battery is leaking. Overfilled, overcharging etc.

Used to have an "automatic" charger. If battery was dead, it would put maximum charging amps into the battery (don't know how much that was) then taper the amps down as it took more charge. Don't know if that was the problem. Don't have this charger anymore.

Even on my 1986 Mazda (which has a nylon tray underneath the battery) I have found battery acid on occasion. Maybe I have been too cheap, and try some of those $300 batteries you guys are talking about.

Back