Dog Dish Hubcaps

Zezima

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to ask a quick question or get an opinion on something. I'm a big fan of dog dish hubcaps, and was looking to make that pretty much the permanent look for my car, but wanted to make sure they're the right look and size for the year. As far as I can tell and gather, for 71 Dodge there would be basically two main varieties of dog dishes; the red lines and the plains, and between them there were both steel and aluminum varieties.

1727001893204.png
1727001939039.png
1727002002427.png

1727001986780.png
1727002025189.png
1727002210564.png

From my understanding, the top row is stainless steel, with a softer, more brushed finish, and the aluminums are more reflective and chrome-like. My questions being, is there any way to verify for sure what would be the correct part number for my configuration? Although not that important, finding out that detail would be satisfying in a way. Though more importantly, my next question would be: is it safe to assume any of these would fit, and that all C bodies of a certain year had same size wheels and the dog dishes were a standard size, or is none of that true? I'd hate to buy caps only to realize they don't fit.

This thread is immensely helpful, though they talk about 72 and 73 specifically in here, whereas my use case would be 71. I hope that doesn't make a difference in this case, but I'd rather be thorough just to be sure, and I'm always open to learning more trivia.
Which Wheel Covers Are Correct?

1727002759678.png
1727002786314.png
1727002873849.png

I also come across these uncolored redlines, though I'm not sure if they're a distinct variation or not? They're just unfinished redlines? Would be curious to know if any cars came with those or what the story is behind them. Also interested in knowing of any other dog dishes that may be of interest or relevance, these are just the two that stood out to me. Thanks.

If this is going to be a photo collection thread, then here's one:

Dodge-dog-dish-cap.JPG

These were on my 1965 Dodge Polara (4-dr Canadian car).

Always wondered why why the holes were drilled on the 74-89 police hubcaps, anyone know? Would be surprised if they were for cooling as they just cover the lug nuts.

@Zezima -- I believe that @71Polara383 has a bunch of dog dishes that would be correct for your car. You may want to reach out to him if good used ones are of interest to you.

Back