drive in cinema meeting "American Graffiti"

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
last friday the local drive in cinema played "American Graffiti".
The weather was geat with temperatures in the low 80s so a lot of old cars turned up.
Here are some Mopars

100.JPG
104.JPG
121.JPG
123.JPG
141.JPG
160.JPG
165.JPG
170.JPG
189.JPG

It doesn’t get much better than that! Were there subtitles?

It doesn’t get much better than that! Were there subtitles?

they played the german version.
Nearly every film or TV series is completly translated into german.

Mostly the smaller population countries like the netherlands or sweden use subtitles

Mopars at the Drive-In ! Best of both worlds !

most of us being in the hobby for a long time and loving old american cars have a big relationship to the film.

The cruising back in the day was unkown to most of us overhere and that part of the culture was not existing here. So seeing the film in the 70s/80s gave a great idear of what to do in the evenings with a classic car instead of just drinking beer in a pub.

It gave an attitude of life from the early sixties in the US and it was something a lot of us fell in love with.

I am sad that our local drive-in closed a few years back when all the projector went digital. Thanks for sharing looks like a great time.

Looks like quite a few Mopars at that drive-in. Very cool. Makes me nostalgic. I used to go to the drive-in with the family as a kid. Mom would pack the Scotch cooler - a round metal cooler that had a Highlander plaid print on the lid and sides ( that she got with her S&H green stamps. You got the stamps every time you shopped at the supermarket,like points, put them in a book and then redeemed a prize when you had enough). Dad would load up the Newport and off we'd go. There were about 46 drive-in theaters in NJ when I was a kid. The drive-in theater was patented by a chemical company magnate from Camden,NJ in 1933. He opened the first in Pennsauken, NJ. The last drive-in closed in NJ in 1991. By then it was not really a family venue as many were showing X-rated adult movies at the end. In 2004 a drive-in was opened again in the southern part of the state in Vineland.

Ive been to the Vineland drive in several times on their cruise night .

I do believe the first Drive in was in Camden , not Pennsauken .

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4981.JPG

IMG_4987.JPG

Back