For Sale Ebay-1971 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham hardtop Factory U-code HP special order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor point, on the one hand he says its not important where a car is from (geographically), in second post, while mentioning a car he once owned, he points out that the car was from Arizona, and originally a California car.

ATC? Impossible to tell from the info or the photos.

The bidding starts at $2995. That’s about 2400€ ’s. Which is about what my dog cost. Hmm. I never liked a bench seat, and the color combo is boring at best, but otherwise... hmm.

Absolutely no problem from my perspective. I checked and there have been no bids to this point. Here is his latest communication and a few more pics. Hopefully he can get some pics of the underside but he's in NE Ohio and the car is in NY about 4 hours away from him.

Don't worry about it. It's a grueling trip. I'm really torn about selling this car I just don't have any place to keep it right now and even if I did I don't know when I'd get around to working on it. I can't blame anyone for being cautious. I probably shortchanged myself by not getting any pictures of the bottom. It does have a very heavy coating of the factory undercoat just like a 71 Imperial I used to own. That was a cool car. 2 door car that came from Arizona but was originally a Ca car. Burgundy with the recalled maroon paisley top black leather bucket seat interior. Here's some pictures of the NY'r shortly after I bought it. I really want it to be restored......

View attachment 173592
View attachment 173593
View attachment 173594
View attachment 173595
View attachment 173596

I honestly don't know why I'm so invested in this car finding a good home. I guess because this one really speaks to me, high option, classy, luxury cruiser.
thanks ! i've told the seller as much too...

Looked at it again, still say it doesn't have ATC.

Heater control on this car, if you hover over this pic on the ebay posting you can see it better:
71 New Yorker AC Heat control.JPG

Heater control on 71 Newport just posted - No ATC:
71 Newport AC Heat control.JPG

1971-1973 Chrysler ATC:
71-73 Chrysler Auto Temp AC Heat control.JPG

Looked at it again, still say it doesn't have ATC.

Heater control on this car, if you hover over this pic on the ebay posting you can see it better:
View attachment 173647

Heater control on 71 Newport just posted - No ATC:
View attachment 173650

1971-1973 Chrysler ATC:
View attachment 173651
ok, I'll ask a dumb question, I assume that's "Automatic Temperature Control?" what is the significance of this option? Does it provide control for passenger and driver? thanks for the info.

This car has an obvious temp slider, no thumbwheel and no vacuum brain under the hood. Thus no Automatic Temperature Control.

This is a disliked option because many of the parts required for it to work are no longer available.. and that's if you spend the day diagnosing it. If it worked perfectly, I personally hate the option, even in new cars.

Cool car but probably sitting outside right now which really kills a car salt or not.
In its current state -cool or not - that is a $2000 car and it will cost you at least $1000 to make it road worthy making it a $3000 old car at best. Not as nice as the government car either which is probably sitting outside too.

Cool car but probably sitting outside right now which really kills a car salt or not.
In its current state -cool or not - that is a $2000 car and it will cost you at least $1000 to make it road worthy making it a $3000 old car at best. Not as nice as the government car either which is probably sitting outside too.

I’m still waiting for you,(USSMOPAR) to tell us who you play on TV, and who you “really” are.

This car has an obvious temp slider, no thumbwheel and no vacuum brain under the hood. Thus no Automatic Temperature Control.

This is a disliked option because many of the parts required for it to work are no longer available.. and that's if you spend the day diagnosing it. If it worked perfectly, I personally hate the option, even in new cars.

Agree that it isn't an ATC II car.

I do have a number of ATC II cars, and while I prefer the manual system in these old cars, if they have ATC II originally, I will leave them in place and make them operable. Performance Analysis Company sells the rebuilt controller with a much more robust aluminum housing than the original bakelite ones that cracked right on time every two years of use. Mercedes licensed the rights to this system and used it in their cars back in the day, so that is why the controller and a couple other parts are still available from them for our cars. I also have a stash of NOS parts to make the systems work as new again. My 72 Imperial was fixed about 5 years ago, and still works fine. They are kind of "cool" in a way. Maybe an acquired taste.

My beef, even with newer cars, is that they don't offer "manual" control over airflow.

Example.... it's 5-degrees and the car has finally warmed up. My face and hands are frozen. "Here's some hot air for your feet that are already toasty-warm and in boots!" Thanks.

Example... now I'm in sunny California and I want to drop the top. But it's hot and AC ducting from the dash is gone in a storm of hot turbulence. If I can send it to the floor, my legs get cooled.

I also don't care about achieving the "perfect temp". In my house, I have to get out of bed and walk down the hall... thermostat makes sense. In the car, I can re-adjust temp as easily as ditching a crappy Beatles song.

Gimmick. I'd have demanded standard AC in an Imperial back in '69.

A. 3 slide levers that use a cable to manually adjust the degree of opening for the (1) upper outlets for the windshield, (2) the dash level outlets, and (3) floor outlets, individually.

B. A slide lever for a cable to adjust the mix of cool air and heated air.

C. An On/Off switch to kick in the compressor.

D. A slide lever for a cable to recirculate cabin air or bring in outside air.

You may substitute a Push/Pull knob to operate the cables.

No vacuum, no electronics, no college degree to figure out how to adjust the temperature.

:mad:

My beef, even with newer cars, is that they don't offer "manual" control over airflow.

Example.... it's 5-degrees and the car has finally warmed up. My face and hands are frozen. "Here's some hot air for your feet that are already toasty-warm and in boots!" Thanks.

Example... now I'm in sunny California and I want to drop the top. But it's hot and AC ducting from the dash is gone in a storm of hot turbulence. If I can send it to the floor, my legs get cooled.

I also don't care about achieving the "perfect temp". In my house, I have to get out of bed and walk down the hall... thermostat makes sense. In the car, I can re-adjust temp as easily as ditching a crappy Beatles song.

Gimmick. I'd have demanded standard AC in an Imperial back in '69.

I agree with your comment on ordering a 69 Imperial back in the day.

My 1997 Chrysler Concorde has fully automatic temperature control or you can control everything manually, what ever you wish is possible, just as you say you would like. Did the manufacturers dumb these systems down in the last 20 years to save $$ or something? A friend of mine has a 2012 Honda Accord Coupe, and you can't do much of anything you want with the automatic temp control, and jeesh, is it ever so slow to respond.

Why do people buy Hondas? He has had it about 4 months, it has only 60K miles on it and very clean, but he has put $4K into repairs on it and it left him stranded 2 of the 3 times it had a problem surface. He said he wants his 2006 Crown Victoria back. Hardly has had any problems with it at all, and has 190K miles on and still ran well.

I play a senior citizen who has been driving only mopars since 1972. At one time i owned 21 mopar cars. Hemi RR, Petty F Body, 340 Cuda, Newyorkers, 300's, darts, dodge & chrysler wagon [dual air], sunroof charger 4sp etc Some were parts cars. What else matters? I have an opinion [just like the rest of you] based on years of experience driving the wheels off of lot's of mopars 2 and 4 door maybe a truck in there somewhere. I wonder why so much junk is discussed on here when the nice cars hardly get a look.

I play a senior citizen who has been driving only mopars since 1972. At one time i owned 21 mopar cars. Hemi RR, Petty F Body, 340 Cuda, Newyorkers, 300's, darts, dodge & chrysler wagon [dual air], sunroof charger 4sp etc Some were parts cars. What else matters? I have an opinion [just like the rest of you] based on years of experience driving the wheels off of lot's of mopars 2 and 4 door maybe a truck in there somewhere. I wonder why so much junk is discussed on here when the nice cars hardly get a look.

Since we discuss everything here, I'm at a loss here. Which "nice cars" are you talking about?

"nice" is in the eye of the beholder.
A brown 4-door sedan in perfect condition can be boring to me but an unusually optioned or coloured car might fetch my attention and fondness.

I like that black New Yorker and think it is worth around 3k$.
Not to everyone but to some who like its colour&options. I think it could be turned into a decent summer daily driver. I would never do a full resto on it and just enjoy the drivetrain while using it

Car has the 75-newer centercaps, for whatever reason.
And rear window trim is gone along the bottom . Uh, oh...
But pinstripe and body molding line up very nicely!
Kinda odd, but appears to have a 70 air cleaner, the 71 has a nipple in this area for the pass-side VC breather.
But it is still wearing the heat stove for the HP manifold.
upload_2018-3-14_22-12-5.png

But it does appear to have the 3-4 nipple VC breather, which I heard is 71 only?

upload_2018-3-14_22-14-5.png

upload_2018-3-14_22-15-3.png

upload_2018-3-14_22-16-49.png

upload_2018-3-14_22-16-24.png

Depends on build date for nipple on the 70. Standard on 71 and supposed to be on every california clean air package car.

Its on my 70 v code

Oooops just realized by breather isnt on in this pic lol

1AF36D4E-1FFF-47EC-B221-AA3930A2837C.jpeg

i could be wrong, but the idea that the TNT option only adds ten percent to value, is not true any longer. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back