C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_2836.JPG
IMG_2843.JPG
John Laube sent this to me today. Pretty cool

Do you know the song The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald ? My brother Dave
owns the former Bruce Hudson Dodge Challenger. Bruce Hudson was the youngest
man to die on the Fitzgerald and he had left his Challenger on the docks at Toledo,
planning to leave on a trip to California as soon as the ship docked.

This story is recounted in several books, predominately in "The Gales of November".

At a Gordon Lightfoot concert, Dave was invited backstage to meet with the artist.
Lightfoot, who rarely signs autographs, gladly signed one of the air cleaner pie plates
for the Challenger. The last photo is of Gordon Lightfoot and Dave.

Dave has the original wheels and Ohio license plates that were on the car safely tucked away.

The bells ...they rang 29 times..for each man on the Edmund Fitzgerald....

This is s somber but incredible tribute!!!

I'm from Milwaukee and was 20 when she went down. I remember that happening like it was yesterday.

BTW, I owned a 73 Ralleye Challenger with a 340 when that happened.

One of the Mopar mags ran the story some years ago iirc..

Wow! Nice car and some sad history on it. Nov. 10th 1975. I remember that day since I was going to Michigan Tech. Was a sophmore and the weather sucked. There were 2 other ships that pulled into the portage that morning to wait out the storm. Will never forget the day and the song.....:(

Never heard this before. What a cool story but never the less a Tragic one.

May his legend live on...from the chippewa on down.

Don't miss any of the run-of-the-mill Mopar mags for decades I think.
Might get back into a Hemmings Muscle Machines subscription, they seem to have some better in-depth-articles Overall, as I'm not only interested in Mopars.

Side note....

I've heard that GYC is going to do a fusie C-body this season.

I've been saying that for years. Not biased and good writing

I like the Hemmings publications to flip through, but there are loads of bias and you need only look at their "340 SFGT" article to find an example of poor research.

Don't miss any of the run-of-the-mill Mopar mags for decades I think.
Might get back into a Hemmings Muscle Machines subscription, they seem to have some better in-depth-articles Overall, as I'm not only interested in Mopars.
I used to really enjoy that mag but I haven’t picked one up in years.

I'm from Milwaukee and was 20 when she went down. I remember that happening like it was yesterday.

BTW, I owned a 73 Ralleye Challenger with a 340 when that happened.

A couple buddies and i were crossing Lake Michigan on the ferry that day. Sicker than dogs it was so rough. Only boat, ship or plane that ever made me sick.

Back