Electronic Ignition Conversion

peiguy23

Reaction score
Hey all,

I want to get rid of my old points system. I've been looking around online and came across this kit -

Mancini Racing Ignition Power Package

Does anyone here have any experience with this or have any other recommendations?

Thanks...

mancini-racing-power-ignition-package-68.jpg

I got Rick Ehrenburg's kit on eBay, he sells one that looks just like this and is far cheaper - although his has a HIREV7500 box instead of the orange box. His kit I believe is designed for the OEM coil as well. He seems to be well spoken of so I trust it's a good kit.
Although to my suggestion, I would get a dwell tach and measure your dwell first - if the distributor is in decent shape and the points and cam still work you would have a backup in case the electronic ignition should fail.

The orange Mopar box has been known to have issues. The other parts in the kit look fine but I wouldn't use that box.

That's the exact orange box we have, so far no problems. Have had it for about 2 years and put about 6000 miles on it.

I bought a backup off of ebay from a member on here just in case, but no problems over the 4 or 5 years I have had it.

I have Rick Ehrenberg's kit as well. Comes with very detailed instructions. I am using it with a OE spec blue streak coil I got from Rock auto.

Back