For Sale Exhaust Manifolds - free to good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkRod

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi everyone,

I am new to the C body site, but I am active at the B Body site. I have 2 B-bodies, both Road Runners, a 1970 and a 1973. (Sorry, no C-Body yet...)

The reason for my post here is that my 70 Road Runner came with incorrect C-Body exhaust manifolds. I have taken them off and I am in the middle of replacing them with the proper exhaust manifolds for my car.

I have no need for these, and have no idea what they are worth, if anything. However, I would rather give them to someone who needs them than melting them down for scrap.

They are FREE but I greatly prefer that you pick them up. I am located in Lansdale PA. If you want them shipped, I will take a box to UPS and you pay for shipping costs prior to shipping.

Thanks,

Hawk

IMG_0863.jpgIMG_0864.jpgIMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

Hi and welcome hsorman !!

I wouldn't be too quick with that 'free' word though.. they may be like unobtanium around these parts but the honest FCBO folks will advise quickly enough if they are worth anything .. may even be worth shipping :shruggy:

Right now I'm too tired to go looking up casting nos. Manjana.....

< Sent from my tablet >

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Judging by the part numbers I'd say they're '69ish?

Hi and welcome hsorman !!

I wouldn't be too quick with that 'free' word though.. they may be like unobtanium around these parts but the honest FCBO folks will advise quickly enough if they are worth anything .. may even be worth shipping :shruggy:

Nice to see you over here as well Tall...

If nothing else, I am a man of my word. Free is what I said and so it shall be, whatever they be worth.

My main goal is to see if I can hook up some parts with someone who needs them. That will bring me much more joy than throwing out more Mopar history.

As an FYI, I will be away until Tuesday, and will not be able to respond to posts until then.

If there are several interested people, then the first person who shows up to pick them up gets them. If there are those willing to pay shipping, then the first who sends shipping...

Thanks everyone. Hope someone can find use for these.

I'm located in California and recently purchased two 440's from motor homes to rebuild and put into my 74 Monaco. unfortunately, the motor home manifolds will not fit and I am in need of a pair of manifolds for whenever the build is complete. Unless someone on this board has any reason to believe that the 70-72 manifolds won't fit into 75 Monaco, I'm definitely interested and could send you whatever shipping would be as soon as I get paid on Friday...

I'm located in California and recently purchased two 440's from motor homes to rebuild and put into my 74 Monaco. unfortunately, the motor home manifolds will not fit and I am in need of a pair of manifolds for whenever the build is complete. Unless someone on this board has any reason to believe that the 70-72 manifolds won't fit into 75 Monaco, I'm definitely interested and could send you whatever shipping would be as soon as I get paid on Friday...

OK. Let me find the smallest suitable box that I have, and I will go get an estimate to ship them UPS (or by whatever means is cheapest). I will then let you know the approximate cost and you can make a decision based on that.

Hawk

USPS is the cheapest I have always found. If they are over the weight limit, each manifold packed individually and shipped will work.

OK. Let me find the smallest suitable box that I have, and I will go get an estimate to ship them UPS (or by whatever means is cheapest). I will then let you know the approximate cost and you can make a decision based on that.

Hawk

Sounds good to me, just keep me posted!

Hi,

Sorry for the delay - I was up at Penn State for my Son's college orientation.

OK, here are the esimated prices I got (I assume shipping to Ridgecrest, CA 93555):
UPS: $53.30 - Shipping time ~ 1 week
USPS: $ 38.87 - Shipping time <unknown> I got this from the USPS web site, so hopefully there are no unpleasant surprises when I get there...

Send me PM with your address if you are interested. I will also include the invoice for shipping so you can see the actual cost.

Regards,

Hawk

BDR:

I went to the post office today and mailed these out. The rate to ship them was as advertised: $38.87

I don't know if these will travel at the same speed as a first class letter will, but hopefully you will see them in about a week.

I will send you a PM with the tracking number.

Hope these work out well for you!

Hawk

The letter carrier will be filing for Worker's Compensation....

I will direct him or her your way - you suggested it!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously - thanks for the suggestion. It gave a reasonable way for BDR to get some manifolds without breaking the bank...

@BDR529: I haven't heard a thing from you since I in good faith sent the manifolds to you and sent you a PM about the postage cost & mailing address to send me a check.

We need to have some trust to help each other out in this hobby. I certainly hope mine wasn't misplaced...

I'm sorry, I completely forgot to message you. I sent the check on Tuesday, but it didn't get into the mail box until after the assigned pick up time. I would assume you should be getting it in your mail either tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I apologize again for the lack in communication, but the check is on the way!

I'm sorry, I completely forgot to message you. I sent the check on Tuesday, but it didn't get into the mail box until after the assigned pick up time. I would assume you should be getting it in your mail either tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I apologize again for the lack in communication, but the check is on the way!

No worries - thanks for getting back to me. I am not in a rush to get the check, just wanted to know there was still someone there!

I certainly hope the manifolds work well for you!

Hawk

@BDR529: I received you check today along with the nice note. Thank You!

I hope the manifolds have arrived, but if not, I hope they arrive soon and are what you need.

Regards,

Hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back