FI for your C body

How is that possible?? My smallblock 360 in my fury gets 8mpg with efi. Worse than the holley i replaced.

And i idle at 13.7:1; cruise at 15.4 and accelerate at 12.7 to 13. Its a mystery to me.

It just did it. The only thing I did was was set it up through the wizzard. I’ll have to check where my afr’s are set. I know I’m above 14 and cruise is low 16s. I haven heard any lean pops or back fires. WOT is about the same as yours.

Are you running sniper or fitech?

How is that possible?? My smallblock 360 in my fury gets 8mpg with efi. Worse than the holley i replaced.

And i idle at 13.7:1; cruise at 15.4 and accelerate at 12.7 to 13. Its a mystery to me.

Did you do a free air calibration on the O2 sensor?

What does your timing curve look like?

Camshaft specs?

Kevin

I think i did that, yes. I do not know my cam specs, the previous owner said it was a hotter cam but he didnt know the specs. I am running 16 or 18° initial and that gives me about 15"HG in park. Any timing lower than that and the vacuum drops dramatically. I have not tested when its all in but with the 16 initital it should be total somwhere around 34 or 36 (i know "should" is not ideal, i am going off the specs given to me for the distributior)

I think i did that, yes. I do not know my cam specs, the previous owner said it was a hotter cam but he didnt know the specs. I am running 16 or 18° initial and that gives me about 15"HG in park. Any timing lower than that and the vacuum drops dramatically. I have not tested when its all in but with the 16 initital it should be total somwhere around 34 or 36 (i know "should" is not ideal, i am going off the specs given to me for the distributior)

You need to verify everything. Bring the engine to TDC using a positive stop in the plug hole and then verify that the timing mark actually indicates TDC. The damper can slip throwing the marks off or if it's an aftermarket damper, it could be FUBAR out of the box.

Once you have verified that you can check your initial and total timing with a dial back timing light.

With that kind of vacuum the cam can't be too radical or it has a wide LSA, 112-114 deg or so.

Kevin

Eh... I have been through this before and done all the verification of TDC and such. It all turned out fine. I just sort of accepted that my engine is maybe more thursty.

Back