Filigree side mouldings

dots73

Reaction score
I have a ‘73 New Yorker Brougham. The side filigree mouldings are suddenly fading. One disappeared completely. Is this normal?

Refresh my memory, please. Is the filigree stamped into the molding's metal itself or a thick decal placed into a channel in the molding?

Thanks,
CBODY67

Refresh my memory, please. Is the filigree stamped into the molding's metal itself or a thick decal placed into a channel in the molding?

Thanks,
CBODY67

IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2144.jpeg

IMG_2143.jpeg

IMG_2142.jpeg

What you might investigate is with some of the local vehicle wrap people to see if they might replicate that pattern on a piece of wrap vinyl, then cut it and apply over the older areas, like a decal or sorts. Or perhaps they might have something very similar in their portfolio of designs?

I don't know if they might, but as long as you're not going to use it to make money off of, only for personal use, somebody might do that. If you were going to sell it, as a business, that could be a different proposition.

Only thing is that you might have to purchase one panel of wrap, which might be a bit expensive, possibly. Then figure out how to cut it to width and length.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the moldings!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

While you're at it, get the backing in reflective and make enough for the rest of the 73 NYB owners on here.

@dots73 — great meeting you at Carlisle!

You may want to have a look at the 1973 Chrysler Thread — see here.

This was a vinyl tape applied to the stamped metal trim.

One could take a sample, scan it, replicate the graphics in a vector program, and print it on cast vinyl, such as the same product that wood grain vinyl is printed on (3M Di-Noc).

Perhaps performance graphics would be a good source to talk to .... they reproduce factory stickers using the silkscreen method. Archival quality...

Back