Floor console w/Econometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Saw this on ebay.
If I had a really, really, nice interior with column shifter, I'd be tempted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-70-NEWPO...t=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

not with the cracks in it...you know the ones with the big circles around them.

Its a average condition console

See, here's where we differ. You guys say I want perfect but I say that cracks don't = average. Nothing I own has any cracks in it.

I realize that money doesn't grow on trees & C body parts don't either. I'm just saying that original with cracks is NOT cooler than modified with no cracks, IMO...

That's a nice piece. Is that a cigarette lighter at the back?
the evil twin for my Imp will have a console...

See, here's where we differ. You guys say I want perfect but I say that cracks don't = average. Nothing I own has any cracks in it.

I realize that money doesn't grow on trees & C body parts don't either. I'm just saying that original with cracks is NOT cooler than modified with no cracks, IMO...

Its average Ross, look around at similar consoles and most will be in that condition.

Its average Ross, look around at similar consoles and most will be in that condition.
But isn't the whole point is if you look around they are pretty much impossible to find as good as "average" condition. Compared to most "averages", I would call that one very good.

You can always buy a new plastic housing. I agree that it's not perfect and his price is a little steep. I think The wood-grain, and the condition of the chrome,shifter ect makes it a nice piece.

not with the cracks in it...you know the ones with the big circles around them.

Console

Thats the perfect console for someone who wants to upgrade a car that did not have a console originally.
Repop bracket kit costs $250.00.... complete shifter. $75.-100.-- used.... Econometer, $500.-700.00, A nice full set of top plates will get $150.-200.00 used, The console body is repairable and worth $50.-75.00. The end cap is a C-body unit and has a interior light built in below the lighter.

One stop shopping....I'd say thats a hell of a deal.

This may be an early console. The one in my 69 300 has the clips to stow the seat belt buckles. The mounting holes look like they were molded as opposed to being drilled in the console base. Maybe why there were no cracks in my console as usually found in that area.

DSC06975 (Large).jpg

I consider myself very lucky to find my replacement. It is worn but there are no cracks. This was the only piece I found that wasn't part of the whole console
.Console end.sm.jpg

Console end.sm.jpg

I need one of those rear panels with the lighter plug if anyone has an extra , would also considers buying a whole console to get one

thanks for any help stuart

Has anyone tried out one of those new 3D printers to reproduce plastic componets?

I wanted to put a console in the dearly departed Fury, it had power buckets seat and the buddy seat. I found a nearly new console but since mine was a column shifter I didn't. A sort time later I came across a console shifter delete plate, yup it replaced the point where the shirted and the indicator was. We had a bidding war on e-bay. I have never seen one again.

Did hear tell Staples will have the service. Probably not like Jay Leno's yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/30/tech/innovation/staples-3-d-printing/index.html

A paper console? Umm... not quite ready for prime time yet.

The Iris printers employ an innovative method to generate objects, using reams of paper that are cut and printed while being stacked and glued together. This technique allows for a high-resolution layer thickness of 100 microns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back