Found 10mm socket

More Fake News !
Musta Been on FaceBook !!!!

I can't see it getting past the bottleneck at the valve.
I bet a 10mm would fit right through the hole for the spark plug...
Just a joke fellas. Part of the 10mm socket conspiracy
Funny thing... this isn't necessarily just a gag. I have seen similar more than once with my own eyes...

The way it happens... a fellow with low comprehension see's or is told by someone the old trick for find TDC on a hemispherical head, by using a long screwdriver or extension through the plug hole and bump the engine with the starter until the thing is at it's highest.

Then the poor fellow goes and attempts this on a wedge combustion chamber. the first time I saw this was in the early 80's on a not so old Horizon getting a new timing belt (and then piston and head). Unfortunately that wasn't the last time I got to see this happen... Matt's right, that socket would likely fit right in the 14mm spark plug hole (and you might have thought your classic 'merican iron had nothing metric on her).

I would have displayed this thing like a trophy in plain view until the person responsible found a way to redeem their self, or moved on to cosmetology as a profession.

whats the moral to this event ? kount er tools be4 liting dat en gin . lol . reminds me of the hotrodders that lived down the block in my neighborhood when i was a teenager . his brother n him , both had shelby's . he had a 67 shelby gt 500 with a 428 lemans series twin fours cam'd the works , he put it back together one night we all go for the test run with our cars to the coast , like 17 miles there . then back . we get back home and it not running right . so apart it comes again . low n behold the issue was right there after pulling the intake n carbs . here lies on the cam tray the brothers torque wrench , that he said '' l put it back in your box ''. it had bent some pushrods . but it was well oiled although . lol . bro never load him any more tools , lol .

heres another ford related engine injury . had a boss 302 for awhile , pump't up some , turn'd it 8500 rpm , cam was large you could say , didn't come on until 4700 rpm . well i sold it to a gent that raced scc cars . he drove that boss every day , it was a f..n fun car to drive even though it only got 4 mpg , lol . well one day he starts it to go to work in the morning and it dies with a crash and starts pissing water and oil on the drivers side of the engine . it was a fresh built motor . so he opens the hood to find no air cleaner , f..n thefts ! i had put a cobra oval one on it looked great with the bosses finned rocker covers . so he pulls the rocker cover . to find rockers and valve tips all out of place on one cylinder . he continues to pull the head . now he see whats what . the theft had dropped the wing nut from the air cleaner down into the carb , it finds its way to the valve head , it opened the valve , wing nut gets sucked , and gets stuck on the open valve , here comes that piston at idle which was 1800 rpm @ 4 inches of vac . piston mates up with the valve , breaking its head off and the dance was on . piston , valve head get married together , piston climbs the bore , hits the head with that valve head stuck in that piston . turns the piston sideways in the bore . wish i had a pic of it . it was not pretty . that engine was out of that car more times than i can remember . but when it was running it was a beast . i'd go hunt big blocks with it . it never lost . even to ones with carbs hanging out of the hood . i could win big bucks from those guys . that 310 ci boss head'd single carb'd headers with a accel dizzy n coil , could runway from any of then back then in 76-79 . to think i paid 1500 bucks for it in 76 with a blown clutch , sold it for 3250 with a fresh engine in 79 . before the prices climbed , lol .

Back