Frame or no frame?

So. in the end, why do we do these things?

Because the cars just don't look right at the stock ride height. Take em down a couple inches & they look much better. Take em down so they're scrapin & they look just plain bad ***.

So then they can barely be driven to the local Dairy Queen no more than once a week.
And why are we still having this discussion???

At this point in life I can put on my hat and know I don't have to.
You, on the other hand, can still be saved.

Because the cars just don't look right at the stock ride height. Take em down a couple inches & they look much better. Take em down so they're scrapin & they look just plain bad ***.

Agreed.....It's just a matter of what you like. Normal people dont understand the whole "lowered" scene. I've delt with it since 1989 and I'm certainly not normal.

OEM ride heigth in front .... A tad lifted in the rear. Thats the perfered look on a Mopar ..... ALL Mopars ....!
In the weeds stuff is ok for the kids ....... They'll grow out of it.

Badass.......

medium%20kneeling%20c5-2.jpg

I'm 42 also & not going to grow out of it. I hope I don't live to the point of being a crotchety old fucker (like Will ;) ). If I can't drag race, it's over...

Being 10' tall and indestructable ended around 13 years ago when I settled down and started a family. I like'em low and NOT stock. Stock is boring, have some fun. Like I said people just dont understand and never will.

Hello folks, this is my first time on here but I'm excited to meet Mopar guys that are into the same style I am! I have a 68 Polara 4 door sedan that I am going to bag. I read how the guy with the Newport did his and it seems like a lot of work with little gained.. The first gen Dakota has the same track width, same lug pattern, rack and pinion steering, disc brakes, 518 overdrive transmission (will work with my 318). Weld the subframes together, chop the front frame in front of the firewall and weld the front of the Dakota frame on. The Dakota has drop spindles available, bolt in bag brackets which I won't use but... That Newport does look sweet all said and done tho!

Alot of work in to the front end of that Newport and could be a ton of work for your Dakota swap too. I'd love to see the build when you get to work on it and I bet it will get verty low! I just went with hydraulics all around. Rides just as good as bags and the front end was simple. A hydraulic cylinder replaces the shock. Fits right in there perfectly!

Back