Freeway Rumblers

60Ramcharge

Reaction score
Two more freeway rumblers I've added to my stable recently. The 69 Newport is a fun cruiser and sure gets a lot of attention. It's surprising how many young people give the thumbs up.
The 71 New Yorker in the Tahitian Walnut is going to be a neat car. It's a Southern California rust free car. I couldn't pass it up. Looking at the underbody spot welded seams they are beautiful. Unlike the cars I am used to seeing here in Utah.

20240903_191740.jpg

20240903_191717.jpg

20240601_193437.jpg

I like that '71. Very nice. White interior in the Newport would be a win, IMO.

I may have some wheel covers, scripts and badges for the '71 new yorker. PM me if you think you may have any interest and ill dig them out (dont be in a hurry lol). Stuff has been unseen since `79.

Two more freeway rumblers I've added to my stable recently. The 69 Newport is a fun cruiser and sure gets a lot of attention. It's surprising how many young people give the thumbs up.
The 71 New Yorker in the Tahitian Walnut is going to be a neat car. It's a Southern California rust free car. I couldn't pass it up. Looking at the underbody spot welded seams they are beautiful. Unlike the cars I am used to seeing here in Utah.

View attachment 682922

View attachment 682923

View attachment 682924
Love the sun baked west coast patina with the cop wheels and blackwalls!

Last edited:
Those are the tires and wheels I took with me to drive the car home. It had been sitting for about 25 years. I had to fix a few things to make the almost 500 mile trip, and a few things on the way home. Getting an old car home is always a memorable adventure. Some of the options on the 71 are power antennae, windows, A/C, Cruise, AM/FM, power bucket seat (drivers), Tilt telescoping wheel with rim blow horn.

The Newport interior would look good white for sure, but it's blue in kind of a boring pattern.
I have the whole interior out at the moment fixing and finding things. One thing I need is a dash pad. I may have to have Just Dashes redo it. ??? It looks like a tough one to repair with all the shapes, curves and stitches. And it was so shrunken that the glove box door wouldn't open easily. I'm still driving it. The cluster and wiring are secured to the inside firewall and I have power buckets from a early 2000s Monty Carlo I crushed.
The 383 is really peppy and runs great. And the TorqueFlite shifts well.

20240921_174205.jpg

20240920_200059.jpg

20240629_134802.jpg

Back