Friday tunes..

This played over my store PA recently, and I swore it was Rod Stewart, maybe back during the Faces era.

Jeff Beck version​

English rock guitarist Jeff Beck recorded "I Ain't Superstitious" for the 1968 debut album Truth featuring Rod Stewart on vocals. Called "a well-known classic-rock-radio staple",[3] Beck's version is "an inventive and inspired recording that manages to inject even more power into the updated arrangement".[3] The song's prominent feature is Beck's guitar work: "At every break, Beck's aqueous wah-wah tone makes his instrument sound like it's talking".[4] His version was ranked number 86 on Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time".[4]

Jeff Beck version​

English rock guitarist Jeff Beck recorded "I Ain't Superstitious" for the 1968 debut album Truth featuring Rod Stewart on vocals. Called "a well-known classic-rock-radio staple",[3] Beck's version is "an inventive and inspired recording that manages to inject even more power into the updated arrangement".[3] The song's prominent feature is Beck's guitar work: "At every break, Beck's aqueous wah-wah tone makes his instrument sound like it's talking".[4] His version was ranked number 86 on Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time".[4]

So it was Stewart - on vocals.

I just assumed Beck sang on the thing!

Back