Front Stub Frame body mounts

Phoenix440

Reaction score
Have a question regarding the front stub frame body mounts on a 68 Fury. I currently have the frame removed and while cleaning the rear mounts noticed 4 holes 2 front ,2rear where the mount meets the sill. This is the rear mounts not front shimmed mounts. It appears there is threaded holes ? Also appears to be welded? See attached pic ,any help thanks. None of the thread topics seemed to include chassis so was unsure where exactly to post?

IMG_2376.jpeg

Have a question regarding the front stub frame body mounts on a 68 Fury. I currently have the frame removed and while cleaning the rear mounts noticed 4 holes 2 front ,2rear where the mount meets the sill. This is the rear mounts not front shimmed mounts. It appears there is threaded holes ? Also appears to be welded? See attached pic ,any help thanks. None of the thread topics seemed to include chassis so was unsure where exactly to post?

Exterior, Pain & Bodywork probably would be best for this topic, but hey, since the engine mounts to the K frame, maybe by extension, one could argue it can go here too..... :)

Yes, there are supposed to be bolts there - you don't have them? They're relatively small, I think 5/16 bolts. Yes, that bracket is also welded so if the bolts are taken out the bracket is still attached.

I do wish there was a chasis / body sub-section for these sorts of posts.

I can take one off my car ('67 Monaco) and take a picture / measure it if you want. I was just there, about a week ago. I did take them out, I wasn't sure if they had to come out when taking the stub off.

Yes, there are supposed to be bolts there - you don't have them? They're relatively small, I think 5/16 bolts. Yes, that bracket is also welded so if the bolts are taken out the bracket is still attached.

I do wish there was a chasis / body sub-section for these sorts of posts.

I can take one off my car ('67 Monaco) and take a picture / measure it if you want. I was just there, about a week ago. I did take them out, I wasn't sure if they had to come out when taking the stub off.
A picture would be great. I was cleaning the area ready for paint and frame and noticed this. Both sides are missing all four bolts. Yes thread size looks about that. Must use a big washer or plate as mount holes are a lot larger.

Back