Fury GT 440-6 found on Facebook (not for sale)

I think the salesman quoted it but I don't think he would have received it. This was back in the day when you could custom order your car, may be the salesman didn't know any better or he was just pushing to make a sale.

That's probably why it was twice as much as the 440 all the k frame and under carriage change overs...

The Hemi was about a $750 or $800 dollar option in Road Runners also so that cost wouldn't have included a custom install in a c body

The Hemi was about a $750 or $800 dollar option in Road Runners also so that cost wouldn't have included a custom install in a c body
Not really..think about what it cost in all the under carriage work that went into putting a hemi into those cars too. Most satellites were slant six or 318 cars, so I think slot of the extra cost was due to the re-fitting of k members and such. Just thinking...

Not really..think about what it cost in all the under carriage work that went into putting a hemi into those cars too. Most satellites were slant six or 318 cars, so I think slot of the extra cost was due to the re-fitting of k members and such. Just thinking...

"not really" is incorrect.

The Hemi was intended for, highly advertised for, and pushed as a option in the B Body and later the E. The factory had all the parts to put one in, to include the Hemi K frame, just like they had all the parts to put and air grabber on the road runners that were ordered with that option and they had costed it out. A Hemi in a GTX cost a little less than in a RR as the GTX already had the 440/Hemi HD suspension. They costed it in advance specific to the car it was an option in, and adjusted the price accordingly.

The $750-800 (whatever it was) price for the Hemi in a B body included everything req'd for it to include the K frame, larger torsion bars and springs, etc not just the engine itself. It wasn't a custom option in a B body .. it was a regular production option.

C bodies were not available with the Hemi and the factory did not do the work to fit them in and make it a production line option (ie identify and order any special parts required to fit it) ... so haaaad a Hemi gotten ordered aaaand the factory decided to fill the order, they would have had to custom fit one.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but who's car is this and where are the rest of the pics?

thumbnail_wp_20160323_17_43_43_pro-mod-jpg.jpg
look on a typewriter...T and R are next to each other..

Yes it would have been easy to do, only ever saw that one tag with the R. Never seen one with Y either. I really would have liked to see the fender tag and/or the dash tag.
These are all the photos I copied from the Ad.

thumbnail_WP_20160323_17_43_43_Pro-mod.jpg
WP_20160209_12_08_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20160209_12_09_20_Pro.jpg

Never heard anything about it since.
EDIT
Just looking at the pictures again, the hood badge could say Hemi but looking at the interior swings me towards a typo since I don't think any hemi had AC.

Yes it would have been easy to do, only ever saw that one tag with the R. Never seen one with Y either. I really would have liked to see the fender tag and/or the dash tag.
These are all the photos I copied from the Ad.

View attachment 140557 View attachment 140558 View attachment 140559

Never heard anything about it since.
EDIT
Just looking at the pictures again, the hood badge could say Hemi but looking at the interior swings me towards a typo since I don't think any hemi had AC.
This car belongs to Jeff and he has been posting the restoration process on his car for over a year now, here is a link to his profile.
Jeff

Back