Fury named Sherman

SixtySix_Fury

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm newest I had registered a while back then Forgot my password. Looks like there is a good wealth of knowledge here :D as I always run across it while doing searches.

I have a 66 Fury 1, 225 /6 w/ a 1bbl, owned it since '06 drove it till '08 as my daily untill I parked it because of issues with rad, Carb, and brakes. Yeah I drove the poor old man through two Canadian Prairie winters after lovingly being stored indoors for 24 before I owned it.

sherman4_12.JPG
I fixed the rad issue last year by replacing the rad. Time and money happened at the same time so I'm doing the brakes, still drums, but it's what I can afford at this time.

Still having carb troubles, but it's came down to it being ****** up. I'm going to be swaping it out for a 2bbl to make it into a SuperSix. I got most of the parts I need, just need a few more.

By thee looks of things most of you guys got V8s, I guess I'm just odd man out :p

DSCF6375.JPG

sherman4_12.JPG

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm newest I had registered a while back then Forgot my password. Looks like there is a good wealth of knowledge here :D as I always run across it while doing searches.

I have a 66 Fury, 225 /6 w/ a 1bbl, owned it since '06 drove it till '08 as my daily untill I parked it because of issues with rad, Carb, and brakes. Yeah I drove the poor old man through two Canadian Prairie winters after lovingly being stored indoors for 24 before I owned it.

View attachment 14659
I fixed the rad issue last year by replacing the rad. Time and money happened at the same time so I'm doing the brakes, still drums, but it's what I can afford at this time.

Still having carb troubles, but it's came down to it being ****** up. I'm going to be swaping it out for a 2bbl to make it into a SuperSix. I got most of the parts I need, just need a few more.

By thee looks of things most of you guys got V8s, I guess I'm just odd man out :p
Your car looks like its in pretty good shape, got any more pics? Welcome to the c body insanity.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Sherman named after a tank perhaps?
nice car, nothing wrong with a six either, it'll run forever!

Hello,

I have a 66 Fury, 225 /6 w/ a 1bbl, owned it since '06 drove it till '08 as my daily untill I parked it because of issues with rad, Carb, and brakes. Yeah I drove the poor old man through two Canadian Prairie winters after lovingly being stored indoors for 24 before I owned it.

View attachment 14659

That looks like Curious George hanging from the rear view mirror.

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Nice car...more pictures please!

oK, c'mon I've never owned a /6 before. I didn't know......BUT I knew exactly what he was referring to. That's gotta count for something. A non Mopar guy would have been clueless.

oK, c'mon I've never owned a /6 before. I didn't know......BUT I knew exactly what he was referring to. That's gotta count for something. A non Mopar guy would have been clueless.

By the way, your car looks great going down the road, 100 degrees, windows down and the mufflers playing their song. Very Cool

Where, down rt.11????? Oh, wait the other day.....got it, thanks!. We keep meeting up there. Are you working construction or something back there in those Town Homes?

Where, down rt.11????? Oh, wait the other day.....got it, thanks!. We keep meeting up there. Are you working construction or something back there in those Town Homes?

Yes, I am the project manager there in those apartment that are going up. Its been off and on there for 18 months. I am inn and out when they need me

Yea, I notice they kind of start building then stop, then start and so on and do forth. I'm sure we'll see each other again at some point. I caught you at miller time,lol. You may or maynot know but that straight strip of road there is notorious for tickets. Logan cops love sitting there at various spots. Even seen them sitting in the Kinder Care parking lot.

Yeah, I see them mostly at the top of the hill in the afternoon. My 21 ft pick up isnt built for comfort or speed. The only thing they'll get me on is no seat belt

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Welcome, what's hanging from the mirror?

Nothing wrong with drum brakes

It's Cat in the Hat in a Noose; as Shits N' Giggles I lenched him there after I got the car and his been there ever since.

Sherman named after a tank perhaps?

Ya, My brother started that one and it stuck :) It's approprate thou
sherfnt4_12.JPG(I have the Hood ornamint, but it is removed so it doesn't brake when stored.)
Slipped into the back of an '05 Sebring in '07 during the winter. I was on black ice coming up on a stop sign :s and the Sebring was taking it's time leaving the stop line. Alll I could do was lay on the horn as I had my wheel turned fully trying to hop the curb and get into the snow, but low and behold I lumber in at a whopping 5 MPH, it was like car curling and popped them into the middle of the interstection. Thankfully no one was hurt. The couple was older and the wife said "Lucky it wasn't on the high way as they'd be done and I'd still be able to drive away."

Still haven't gotten around to fix the bumper yet:confused3:

5980_119535816476_721046476_3082934_2055455_n.jpg
Sadly, Sherman was parked for our wedding but the wife got her brides maid to take this pic for us.

5980_119535816476_721046476_3082934_2055455_n.jpg

sherfnt4_12.JPG

Last edited:
No leg but what I can see looks damn good! Nice catch!

Back