A Wrapup of Goodbye and Good Riddance

Roger that, I'm not that informed about C barges, but I do like them alot.
Good to follow that train of thought. Not that the stock brakes are the be all end all, but taking brakes from same size or bigger/heavier car will improve braking. Just because they are disc brakes does not make them better as seen from OP's situation.
I think in most cases these would be upgrades on a GM product, the same folks that stuffed their big car engine in mid size car and left the 9" drums from the economy version.

I remember a few discussions in the past where we tried to diagnose this system. I don't remember all the details.

But -
Every component of a braking system must do its job for the brakes to work well. I don't recall if there were problems with the MC/calipers/rotors, or just the booster vs the brake pedal (and quality of the booster).

With that said, the Leeds rotors are 11.33", so only about 3-4% smaller than our 11.75" rotors if my math is right.
That reduced dia can be compensated for with increased piston dia and larger brake pads. (don't know if these calipers are, though)

74-78 C-bodies are heavier than earlier ones, and they use 3.1" dia pistons vs 2.75" 69-72. (and perhaps the booster provides more push?)

So my point - the Leeds kit might've worked well with a C-body booster installed with it?
I don't recall if that was suggested/considered previously?

@customsportsman
Do you know if this setup fits a 14" disc-brake wheel?

I have the SSBC system up front

Dont buy anything from SSBC

I did find out you can solve the butter brakes problem by swapping the pads to EBC. Those pads saved my tail about 50 miles after installing them. I was on the highway in the city and honestly too close to the guy in front (along with everyone else) when the whole freeway stopped hard. The EBC pads let me lock them up with no problems.

The rotors seem to come pre-warped from SSBC and are "special" in some way supposedly so you have to buy theirs. I haven't solved this problem just yet.

Back