FWIW:. Monaco coupe

King Hooter

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on what a '74 Monaco coupe should go for currently? I have finally came across what I've been looking for. But I'm thinking that the asking price is a tad bit high. Considering it'd need to be shipped across the country.
A big block v8 and no vinyl top. Just like the one I let get away. Sounds fairly solid but needs some general maintenance to be roadworthy.

Unfortunately the shipping costs incurred to get the car to other than where it is for sale does not factor into the actual value of the car.

I paid $8000 for this 1975 GF, amazingly clean ,top to bottom,inside n out,47K,360 survivor, last year. Thought It was alot to pay but it is worth every penny!!

IMG_1561.jpg

I paid $8000 for this 1975 GF, amazingly clean ,top to bottom,inside n out,47K,360 survivor, last year. Thought It was alot to pay but it is worth every penny!!

View attachment 676283
Great looking car! You bringing that one over on the 18th? 8k sounds like a very fair price for that beauty!

Great looking car! You bringing that one over on the 18th? 8k sounds like a very fair price for that beauty!
Yes,will be there the 18th. This is the first classic car ive owner where the AC still blows cold.

Anyone have an opinion on what a '74 Monaco coupe should go for currently? I have finally came across what I've been looking for. But I'm thinking that the asking price is a tad bit high. Considering it'd need to be shipped across the country.
A big block v8 and no vinyl top. Just like the one I let get away. Sounds fairly solid but needs some general maintenance to be roadworthy.
I think saw the car you're talking about, and I thought the price was a little high. Have you already contacted the seller?

I think saw the car you're talking about, and I thought the price was a little high. Have you already contacted the seller?
I'm thinking on contacting the seller next week. I needed to step back and think with a clear head. I don't think it will sell that quickly at his price.

Sorry if I was being a little to vague. Just wanted an unbiased opinion before making contact. I was just going off the ad.
Here's the info I have at this time. Location is in central Virginia. 1974 Monaco coupe, fairly solid some rust and dings per 50 year old car. Needs brake, fuel system work and tires. Decent vinyl interior except for the driver's seat.
Screenshot_20240809-164619.png
Screenshot_20240809-164528.png
Screenshot_20240809-164546.png
Screenshot_20240809-164608.png

I'm not an expert for what those are worth, but needing seat work, some rust, $600 for tires, and brake and fuel system work (which could be cheap or expensive?).
I'm thinking that's a $4000 car at most.
Unless BluMo pricing extends to coupes?

This one near me was quite comparable in condition but was running/driving, although the lt blue one is more '1 color'.
Whether the Brougham package ads to resale value is unknown to me.
Was $2500 asking price and seems to have sold.

1723252165424.png

And now they're coming out of the woodwork. Apparently Virginia isn't just for lovers. I may need to investigate this one.
There is another 74, with a 75 header panel. Maybe even a Minnesota car at one time (Forest Lake dealer badge)? A running driving 400 with a proper exhaust but no air conditioning. How could this one be offered at $6,000?
Screenshot_20240809-214800.png
Screenshot_20240809-214700.png
Screenshot_20240809-214833.png
Screenshot_20240809-214722.png
Screenshot_20240809-214743.png

That body style isn’t my preference but if it was a fusie I still wouldn’t pay more than 4k for it.

Who is the genius moderator who commented "thats pretty bold to post your car ad in someone else's thread"???

They're talking about MY CAR in this thread!

As I said, that is MY CAR for sale. If anyone has questions about it, feel free to ask me. Unless the moderator doesn't allow that.

In case the moderator gets triggered again, I wont post the link to the full details about my car. This is the kind of crap that gives mods a bad name. /Rant over.
This isn't a Sale or Wanted thread so it is not allowed. If you haven't already, post your car for sale in the sale forums. Make sure you read and follow the sale rules there.

And now they're coming out of the woodwork. Apparently Virginia isn't just for lovers. I may need to investigate this one.
There is another 74, with a 75 header panel. Maybe even a Minnesota car at one time (Forest Lake dealer badge)? A running driving 400 with a proper exhaust but no air conditioning. How could this one be offered at $6,000?
Look what $2500 less gets you!

Back