G,day from Oz

dg6oo2

Reaction score
G,day all my name is Joel and i am down here in Oz i live in Melbourne and work in the Pilbara in mine construction as a steel rigger. My pride and joy is my 1971 Dodge Phoenix sedan, For them that know not Plymouth Fury,s were sold in Oz as Phoenix,s due to the name being familiar anyhoo they were sold as the 400 series with 400 hardtops and 400 sedans being released each year from 1967 thru to 1971 as the chrysler flagship model.
My Phoenix aka (the whale) is a 1971 sedan number 002 of the 400 with 77,000 miles and it gets used as my everyday car when i,m not on my bike
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad296/dg6oo2/midstatemopars2008001.jpg

Welcome.............very nice car. ok, explain this again........why was the plymouth called a dodge and not a plymouth and then what did they call the dodge?

In oz the Plymouth was seen as an American model where as Dodge was seen as an ozzie model. In 61 we had the phoenix released here but from 62 to 67 we still had the phoenix model, and from 68 to 71 it was the 400 series until the locally made chrysler by chrysler was released as a replacement.

Very nice car, welcome to the site from the Motor City!!

Not sure, but I think the '57 is Canadian. The column shift of the '67 being on the left side of the column would mess me up.

Anyone not familiar with the the finned Mopar stuff, that is a Plymouth body, with the longer Dodge wheelbase and Dodge front clip.

57 dodge-plymouth.jpg

67 plymouth.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments guys i love my white whale for cruising who needs muscle when you got mass, i have fitted a few u.s options like the hideaway grille,rear window defroster,hazard lights, rear speaker fader, a couple of hubcap sets, rear spats and future addition will be the cruise control.

Back