Gettin ITCHY,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
The weather here in western MA was pretty good as it hit 70 degrees in late Feb ,,wow!
I know many of you all have a similar experience. All the salt slowly washing away from the roads and I go visit my "Big Boned Gal" in the garage. The battery tender trickling away on both my Fury and my lowly Omni glhs. I have some plans for both once the salt is gone. New windshield for the fury and freeing up all the crank windows. Installing gauges ,[ oil , water temp, and vacuum ,,I know kinda weird the vacuum but I run points and want to know whats up and my ammeter works fine and the vacuum gauge wiggles lol,,,the girls like that ,,,i think!!. Getting all my stock Fury gauges working. Hopefully as both factory fuel and temp don't work I have a voltage reducer that plugs into the back of the speedometer head unit I ordered to hopefully fix it. We will see. My Omni I have a new race clutch ,a 6 puck and a lightened stock drilled and balanced flywheel, throwout bearing ,rear main seal,oil pan gasket etc. This time I will not do it and have a guy that I really trust to do it for me.
The reason for this post? Not to tell you what I am up to but I would love to know what the hell you all have planned! Small or large doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Well I am going to be a VERY busy person now that the weather is getting better. I will be getting the few remaining mechanical problems done on the 300, new floor pans done, and hopefully the new front fenders. On top of all that I will be going down to New Mexico and getting things set so I can move out there at the end of the year.

Getting the parts to get my front windows on my 78 NYB working again.

Diagnostics on a 67 Monaco 500 from 1600 miles being an imperfect science, come April I could be diving into any number of things. What I'm hoping for is ignition overhaul, carb rebuild and an easy to reach bad seal on the tranny. Won't know till she shows up though!

Breaking ground on a new house come June as well so I can clearly say it's gonna be a hell of a summer. Do it, son!

Turboomni,now that I know you're just up in Mass, I hope to see that 69 at a show this summer!

It doesnt matter what I plan or layout on these pages, things always never happen the way I expect it or had hoped ...Winter is the time for rehabs on our cars and NOTHING got done as I had hoped

I talked to Brian S. ah couple weeks ago and we have "loosely" agreed on Easter az an It'll be done date on the Scamp. You'll love this one pal. In going thru my recorded history of the modifications and expenses on the little Beast, I reread the spec's on the 2.5L re-build when I had it done 'bout 7-8 yearz ago. I stupidly let the builder chose the pistons that went into it and he chose Keith Black pistons. Over the intervening yearz I'd forgotten that, and it never crossed my mind until recently when I read an article about Keith Black and the fact that ALL the pistons that are produced under that flag are CAST PISTONS, AAARRRGGGHHHH whimper whimper. The wordz OH HECKY POOIE just don't seem adequate some how. Don't know if I can get it back here and have it torn down and have a set of + .40 FORGED SLUGZ stuffed into it in time for Carlisle or not, but I can't gamble on driving it 1100 + miles to Carlisle with those castingz in there. FYI for our FCBO BRETHREN. Cast pistonz in a Turbo Engine will not withstand the increased pressure when the the turbo goes into Boost. ie: cast pistons + turbo boost = explosion period. It be rainin' pitch forks 'n ax handlez at my house so I'm probably gonna do Carlisle in the leBaron Turbo Coupe this July in steed of the Little Trucklet, Jer

BigBarney that is too bad about the pistons but you can still have alot of fun with the cast pistons. All things setup correctly 18 psi is safe and have heard of guys going nuts with cast pistons in these cars. Just don't detonatate too hard lol or you will have a Turboomni!!

Brakes, brakes, brakes, brakes on my big truck
Finish exhaust and accessories on Charger for first fire and cam break in.
R&R torque converter in my Challenger and while it is up weld the O2 bung into the exhaust to get some real data on fuel air ratio enough guessing even though the torque converter will fix it.

It doesnt matter what I plan or layout on these pages, things always never happen the way I expect it or had hoped ...Winter is the time for rehabs on our cars and NOTHING got done as I had hoped

Well had hopes of getting some work done. Bought heaters for the garage. Was going to take my speedo out to try and fix the stock temp and fuel gauges. But something about working on 50 year old plastic that has been frozen to 20 degrees F and working it doesn't instill confidence that it won't crack!!
Or is this just another excuse for me to be lazy?:wideyed:

Turboomni,now that I know you're just up in Mass, I hope to see that 69 at a show this summer!

Likewise! I have yet to meet any FCBO member yet in person.
Best of luck on your new house your building, wow .

Last edited:
Started the process of redoing the interior on my 65 New Yorker. New upholstery, headliner, carpet, repair rust on floor panels, door panels, dash pad, as for the radio now...I'm trying to decide with my mom, who was an electric engineer in the Silicon Valley before the big boom, if we can do the fm and Bluetooth conversion or just send it out to Gary Tayman. She helped me repair some burned traces on my instrument panel a couple years ago. Seats and carpet are pulled out right now. Starting on removing rust.

Lower control arm bushings are next which will likely lead to lower ball joints and of course an alignment. I don't know if I'll put over 6,600 miles on it this year like I did last but I'll give it a try.:thumbsup:

Likewise! I have yet to meet any FCBO member yet in person.
Best of luck on your new house your building, wow .
Once the house is built, small New England C body meet, greet n BBQs in the side yard.. I got 5 acres, W the F not?

I put some time into working on the house this winter so I didn't get the things I wanted done on my car.

I should have taken advantage of the warm weather this week and headed out to the garage, but I got lazy. I have to change the blower motor for the A/C and I was going to change out the bearings in the rear end. The rear isn't anything that needs to be done right away, but I'd like the blower working before I start driving it again. There's a couple odds and ends that will be addressed, but we'll worry about that later.

H
You had your chance in October but you went to the wrong show.

See you in Carlisle .... DO NOT bring the Omni :elmer:
How 'bout I just drive the battery powered scooty Dave. Am I welcome under your canopy with that? I ustah be, I'll bring my own beer like alwayz!.... I just have to plot my course to find all the recharging stations and buy more extension cordz 'tween now and the 2nd weekend of July, lol

You had your chance in October but you went to the wrong show.

See you in Carlisle .... DO NOT bring the Omni :elmer:

Yes SIR !:wideyed: I will try!
I was near Troy NY today and saw a rather sad sight.

IMG_20170226_123801.jpg

IMG_20170226_123818.jpg

Back