Heater hose routing.....silly, yes

66furys

Reaction score
As I work on timing chain, I will replace heater hoses. They were routed just off the engine hanging toward exhaust manifold. I could shorten a bit so they sit nearly on valve cover, or extend out toward the inner fender. Thoughts please on something silly.

As I work on timing chain, I will replace heater hoses. They were routed just off the engine hanging toward exhaust manifold. I could shorten a bit so they sit nearly on valve cover, or extend out toward the inner fender. Thoughts please on something silly.

Like this.
IMG_2012.jpeg
IMG_2142.jpeg

Mine is a 66 fury 383....but you seem to have given me a lot to consider in the two pics. First is that your hose connections are different than mine, my front pump hose goes to the outside heater fitting....not sure that may matter or not, but need to check that as well. And, both of yours have a nice holder maybe on the alternator that support the hoses, nice. Thanks for the shots, helps a lot. I have just learned as I pulled the damper, that I have a six pack 440 damper used in 71/72 and wonder how that got there. Engine seems original....but I may find a new timing setup as I pull the front cover. Find something each day. thanks

Back