Hello from the GVRD

scorp

Reaction score
Hey my name is Derek. Been a Mopar lover all my life but it has always been newer Mopars that I have owned. This past Monday though I went and picked up a 1972 Newport 4 door hard top with a 440 in it and mint interior for $900. I wasn't looking to buy a car but I also couldn't pass up the price since the interior alone was in such good shape. I will add some pics soon on this thread when I get around to taking some.

Some draw backs on the car is that someone seems to have put Imperial fenders on it from the picture researching I have done. Factory cruise servo had been stripped out so no speedo until I put in the new speedo cable. Fuel gauge doesn't work and also the factory AC has been stripped out at some point in its life. Body moldings have been taken off but the body is in fairly good shape.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I look forward to seeing some pics, how did you find the car?

hey is one pic for now.

1044394_10152966111800858_1122722866_n.jpg

1044394_10152966111800858_1122722866_n.jpg

Nice score! Any luck on getting the speedo and the other items fixed?

I got the speedo cable just get rid of the cruise cables for now but I haven't installed it yet. Going to try and source a cruise servo but not in a huge rush yet. Also a friend of mine has a source for some parts for the car too hopefully. Might even be able to get a whole parts car and get some good stuff off it.

Back