Hey from MI

furyus 67

Reaction score
Hey folks! Got my 1st c body a few month's ago. 67 Fury III , love the land yacht. The wife and kids love cruising in it too. Trying to get my hands on a 413 for but for now 318/904. photo 3.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Welcome to the site fellow Michigander! Nice car! Where in MI are you?, there's at least one 413 on the Detroit Craigslist.

Thanks guys! The reason for the 413 is it comes with a big block case and small block trans . Oh yea, and a 67 newyorker complete car that's pretty solid. I'm in flint btw detmatt. Land of the general!

Splanation: There are 2 types of 727 torqueflite transmissions. One being a big block trans and the other being a small block trans. The 67 newyorker i am attempting to purchase has a small block trans installed and a big block trans case that goes with the car.It also comes with freshly rebuilt 413 w/ a mild cam. I think it will move the fury nicely!

Gotcha? So it has an extra big block transmission that comes with the car? So, why not 440 or 383? Hence, " a unique choice". Not many guys just jump out there looking for a 413....... I hope it works out for you, its a nice ride even with the small block:eek:ccasion14:

For 800 bucks for the whole car and the 413 i cant really pass it up. Im a fan of odd combinations. If i could get my hands on an old 392 hemi it would be my 1st choice. Im also considering a dash swap from the newyorker. Not sure if i can pull that off tho. Ultimately i want and airbagged cbody with a bigblock! I know the air bags will be a fun one too!

And a pic of my 6yr project. I think its time for the jeep to go tho, need money for the fury!!

photo 2-2.jpg

Welcome aboard and nice ride. Please keep us posted as you progress with the swap. You guys with the huge shops just kill me.

Thanks Fratzog, ill do my best! As far as the shop goes ive only had it about a year. Ive been in 1 and 2 car garages for many moons. i find my dream house with a 30X40 pole barn and it turns out it needs major work to be anything other than be a glorified 2 car garage! '10 ceilings means no lift for me!!:(

Back