Hi all check out what i bought.

I dont like them, give me a 440 or a 360 over the 383. The big block just shows better over a 360

I've heard the 383 was the favorite of Chrysler engineers way back in the day. Shorter stroke than the 440 equaled higher rev limit, but still had the large bore area of 413, 426, 440 blocks.

I know, I know, everyone loves them. I just have this one that never has ran right..... Never had a 318,340,360,400, or 440 give me grief like this one.

i have a few ideas of what i would like to do with it down the road but for now my goal is to keep it safe to drive, fix the speedo(off by 10mph) reinstall the old radio currently located in the trunk and hide a modern radio in it somewhere with new speakers under the factory grills then put the carpet in and cruise. As for the engine, I will have to save up my nickels and dimes to find the right one for the car. im still considering the 383 or 440 as a strong option, but i also was toying with the idea of an mpfi 5.9 magnum driveline from a donor 2wd truck/suv and my neighbor says it needs a HEMI everytime he sees it. Just a cam and a carb might be good too for now. who knows first things first FUNDS.

It needs a bit of attention, but still no balls. You and I had this discussion before, my 71 150,000 mile 360 would run through this 383, and the 383 had a 3:23 to help it along

Prolly lots of over achieving 383's out there so your dud balanced the scales. It's the way of the universe.

Thats o.k. I feel my blue 71 has more than it should and the Challenger definitely screams harder than other R/T owners say theirs does. The 383 car is not for speed, its fine.

You gotta get that R/T down the track. Come to Nats & I'll let you use my drag radials.

I have a track five miles from me.... Dont need it

DSC_0070b.jpgDSCN6029.jpg

DSC_0070b.jpg

DSCN6029.jpg

I don't understand how any car guy avoids the racing bug. I'd go to the track & just watch every single day if I could.

No interest, I dont want controlled racing. Its gotta happen naturally, on the street and with no end in sight. Thats racing

Back