How to Disable the Buzzers?

72DL41

Reaction score
- 1972 Polara base model.
- I want to temporarily disable the seatbelt warning and key-in buzzers without disabling any other systems (lights, horn, etc.).
- I have the '72 FSM and BSM.
- The key-in buzzer wiring looks pretty straight forward. I assume I could remove the correct pin at the steering column connector.
- The seatbelt warning buzzer wiring is a mystery (to me). I found the relay right away on the wiring diagram for the Coronet. I tried comparing the wire numbers from Coronet to Polara. Nope.
- I disconnected the two-pin wiring connector under the front bench seat.
- I tried the "Search" forums.
- I want the ability to restore the systems if/when the vehicle is sold.
- Thanks in advance for your input.

I need to know the same for: dryer, stove, micowave, watch, clock phone, dishwasher and washing machine. How do I find and eradicate buzzers.

Seat belt buzzer? Look for the pressure switch under the driver's seat. Unplug.

Key in ign cyl buzzer can be unplugged, once you find it. BUT as the doors now lock "like a GM", might want to leave that one operational. Unless you have or know how to work a SlimJim or have ready access to some metal wire coat hangers.

No need for wiring alterations. My '80 Newport has a "chime module" for everything, but it acquired an internal short and would run the battery down. It got unplugged.

CBODY67

- For the key-in buzzer: I removed wire M16-20BK from the steering column wiring connector.
- For the seatbelt warning buzzer: I disconnected the two-prong connector under the driver-side sill plate and carpet.
- I checked the operation of the other electrical systems. No issues.
- Knebel: Sorry, I can't help you with your appliances.
- CBODY67: There's no pressure switch under the driver's seat and the car is not equipped with power door locks. Sorry to hear about your "chime module."

Back