I found the "original owner" of my car.

wiggilez

Reaction score
My car came with some paper work which listed the OO as a tractor supply store. After a few years of ownership I finally decided to spend a bit of time and see if they were still around. Turns out they are, the name of the store has changed, but the building/location from the 60's is still around. I called them up the other day to see if they had any pictures of the car from back in the day, guy on the phone said it could take a couple days but he would look into it.

I'm hoping it happens, cause it would be kind of neat to see some pics of it back in its fleet car days.

FInding the original owner/photos is always good, but definitely so when it was used as a "fleet" car.........

In 2014 I bought a 1958 Ford Custom 300 from the son of the first owner, Louis Galtieri. All the original paperwork came with the car. Apparently it was registered as a company car for the owner's business, the BeauCraft Accident-Proof Stair Tread Co. (LOL) of Garfield, NJ. The car is a 4-door sedan with a six, Fordomatic, and power steering, which would have made it an ideal car for an outside salesman with a city route. Why the Galtieri family would hold on to such a car for so long remains a mystery. 99.9% of similar cars would have been used up and crushed decades ago.

I still have the car and it drives very well--smooth, with light and easy handling. So I'm very glad that you found a similar fleet car with paperwork and that you're enjoying and preserving it. (You didn't say what kind of car you have).

20211129_101025.jpg
20240301_160018.jpg

Last edited:
Exciting news. I found the Son of the original owner of my 77 New Yorker. Spoke to him on the phone a couple years back, it was neat to hear the cars history up to its departure of his ownership. Hope everything works out for you.

FInding the original owner/photos is always good, but definitely so when it was used as a "fleet" car.........
"fleet" is probably a better way to put it, who knows how many company cars they had, it could have also just been a tax thing where it was somehow cheaper to have it as a business item then a personal.

In 2014 I bought a 1958 Ford Custom 300 from the son of the first owner, Louis Galtieri. All the original paperwork came with the car. Apparently it was registered as a company car for the owner's business, the BeauCraft Accident-Proof Stair Tread Co. (LOL) of Garfield, NJ. The car is a 4-door sedan with a six, Fordomatic, and power steering, which would have made it an ideal car for an outside salesman with a city route. Why the Galtieri family would hold on to such a car for so long remains a mystery. 99.9% of similar cars would have been used up and crushed decades ago.

I still have the car and it drives very well--smooth, with light and easy handling. So I'm very glad that you found a similar fleet car with paperwork and that you're enjoying and preserving it. (You didn't say what kind of car you have).

It's my 66 Polara, the paper work I got shows services by dodge from 1966 to 1969, while owned by the tractor supply store.

Back