I love driving the Imperial!

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
1966ImperialCnCAug16.jpg
Today was the monthly Cars-n-Coffee gathering on the northwest side of OKC, at Northpark Mall. Today marked the fifth anniversary of this particular event; and as such, nearly 750 cars and trucks showed up. To be honest, I walk right past the Porsches, Lambos, McLarens and Ferraris, for the most part. They really don't do much for me. Same with the metric Challengers, Chargers, Camaros and Mustangs. Nice cars, but a bunch of those parked together looks like any new car lot! The post-war American iron is what gets my attention, up through the Malaise Era. Today was no exception. I parked my Imperial (top down!) at the end of a line of a dozen metric Challengers and a couple of Chargers. A '74 Power Wagon SWB with a 440 was on the other side of me. There was a semi-flat black '66 Newport four-door hardtop with a 383 across from me. As such, we were about 80% of the Mopar contingent present! I really like this event! No entry fees, no hassle, no judging...just park and hang out with real car people! It's nearly 60 miles round trip for me to go to this. As such, it is my one-of-three times per month the Imperial gets regular exercise. Today, I put a bit over a hundred miles on the car. Since getting the brakes sorted out several months ago, I like to drive this as often as I can. The weather this morning was overcast, with light rain and lightning. I almost didn't bring the car out...the top was already down. Screw it! Top up, windows down, go! I hit rain for maybe a minute. Glad I went! And I'm glad I didn't swap for the hot rod, after all. Maybe I'll work a cash deal for that later on - it really is a terrific little car! But trading my big-*** Imp...Nah!

My wife loves the car. As a passenger. She's driven it once. It is a different car altogether than her old '78 NYBS. Handling, brakes, and comfort are all quite a bit different in just that 12-year span. So I drive. We went to eat breakfast at this little diner up the street. They are pretty busy on Saturday mornings. We lucked out and got a parking spot in front of the door. They have a full glass window front, so the Imperial was immediately noticed by all. I'd be lying out my *** if I said I don't notice those things! It's always fun to get noticed in the Imperial! That Daffodil Yellow is a color that is rarely seen in 2016. What with all the blacks, greys, and whites on cars in 2016??? Something with actual color is a rarity! And yellow shines "like a diamond in a goat's ***!", too! That was a favorite saying of my Dad, who was a Naval vet. Must be a Navy thing!

So, after a few hours with my motorized drop-top baby, my Saturday is fulfilled. Think I might take the Coronet out for a spin tomorrow, as it's been parked since the second Saturday of June. It hasn't been feelin' the love lately. Guess I should charge its' battery up, prime the carb, and jump in! Then after that, I'll go out in the shop and start the Coronet! LOL!

OK, boys, that's it from me on this hot and humid Saturday, August Sixth, in the year of our Lord two thousand and sixteen.

Last edited:
Another success story for the Men & Women of the FCBO Help Line...well done team saved another one! BTW Patrick I am still waiting for that Autograph....
:lol:

And ye shalt continue to waiteth until I hath achieveth the fame and riches I so wildly deserveth for thine efforts in entertaining the masses!

And ye shalt continue to waiteth until I hath achieveth the fame and riches I so wildly deserveth for thine efforts in entertaining the masses!

Ahhh you wish to Become a....MASTER THESPIAN!

I'm glad you and your wife had a great day out in the Imp. Beautiful car!!!

My wife loves the car. As a passenger. She's driven it once. It is a different car altogether than her old '78 NYBS. Handling, brakes, and comfort are all quite a bit different in just that 12-year span.

Formal's are the best of the C's in engineering, comfort, and ride control!

Glad I went! And I'm glad I didn't swap for the hot rod, after all. Maybe I'll work a cash deal for that later on - it really is a terrific little car! But trading my big-*** Imp...Nah!

Nuff said!.... glad you kept her...

Back