Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Bad!!

2s1kkqo.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1947...em=181214307988&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1183

I've owned this '47 Business Coupe for 27 years, and during that time I've made many repairs and improvements. Complete engine rebuild, new rear springs, most chrome redone, headliner, carpet and seat covers. All gauges work except gas gauge which is a bit erratic as I bought a replacement that hasn't worked as well as the original. Recent brake job with new cylinders and system converted to silicone, new windshields and rubber gaskets around doors, trunk and vent. Needs an antenna as it is broken, but radio works. Good tires and I think the correct mileage is 105,000. Car has always been garaged. Comes with my parts collection, including a complete dash (with gauges) from a wrecked car. Shop manual conveys.
Nice running car in good condition. Not perfect, but then neither am I. Hate to sell it as I had some good times with it.

This is my friend 48. It's a great car to cruise in. He swaped the rear axle for a Cbody 8 3/4 and has a 383 & 727 for it but it runs so well with the original engine he's not in a big hurry to do the swap.... I like it as it is......!

48 chrysler 1 (Large).jpg

48 chrysler 3 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
I just love the design art on these 1940's Chrysler's....

work.4650819.1.flat,550x550,075,f.the-emblem-1946-chrysler-hood-ornament.jpg

One of my favorite cars of the 40s, the more modern successors were pretty boring compared to these, got gradually better from 54 on until the Forward Look let the rest of the industrie look old.
These models seem to be still affordable, counting out the T&C.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back