If you have a 440 powered 66 Fury I have a request.

strokerpost

Reaction score
If you read my post in the "engines" forum you'll know better what I'm doing here, but I would like to be educated as much as possible in the differences from the factory in the area of brakes, suspension etc between a 318 equipped car and a 440 car. Anything you can help with (especially with pix) will be appreciated. Thanks.
Ken.

There are the following differences:
Radiator went to a 26". A must.
Heavier torsion bars. Recommended.
I think (???) front brakes were bigger. Maybe not. You can keep what you have.
Transmission mount.
Rear end went to 8 3/4. You can keep your 8 1/4.

The only thing you have to do is the radiator. You will over heat.

< Sent from my tablet >

There are the following differences:
Radiator went to a 26". A must.
Heavier torsion bars. Recommended.
I think (???) front brakes were bigger. Maybe not. You can keep what you have.
Transmission mount.
Rear end went to 8 3/4. You can keep your 8 1/4.

The only thing you have to do is the radiator. You will over heat.

< Sent from my tablet >
Thank you sir. I somehow missed that you replied. One thing mine already has is the 8 3/4 rearend. Maybe the Fury I's or II's had the smaller one. Also I wonder if the 318 cars had a smaller drum brake out back than a 440 car? I'll ask this in a diff forum I guess. Do you or anyone else know of a website that focuses on Furys only? Thanks again.

None that I know of.
Maybe your post here fell through the cracks. You will find some of the best & brightest right here. Post again and see what happens.

< Sent from my tablet >

I have a 65, it was originally a 383 car with a 4 speed. I would be happy to help you out, as far as I know Stan got you really close. My motor mount is a 1 year only thing so no luck there.I honestly don't know the brake size as my brakes were just re done(11" I'm fairly certain). My motor has a 699 oil pan that has no clearance issues, hedman headers for a b body that fit fairly well, I had to have a shop bend up duals to twist around the trans cross member. I have always had big block C bodoes so really can't help with the diffs.Let me know if you need anything else answered and I will be happy to help. Sorry if I'm not around here much, planning on going to Chicago for parts and trying to get a bunch done.

Pretty sure the brakes are all the same for the big and small block cars.

Back