Introduction of 66 300 convert TWINS

If these cars are untouched originals there should be a stamped metal tag under one of the nuts holding the center section in to the housing.

Looks like you have some great parts. Even those wheel wells look great. Too bad it sat on damp ground all those years. It was obviously a really nice solid car when it was parked.

Great to hear about the door panels in great shape too, tough to beat original and reproducing them expensive and a long waiting list.

Hope your transmission is in good shape. My car sat for 30 years, but in a dry garage with 62,000 original miles, the bands were all dried out, had to have it rebuilt even though it had low miles.

IMG_2317.JPG
IMG_2315.JPG

Thanks Zymurgy!
By the way your 300s r awesome!
I understand about the bands. I hope mine are okay. We will see. Either way it won't stop the restore of my main car!
Yes, most parts are nice , because of the way this car was mistreated.
When done I'll put many of the parts up for you guys.
Have a great day!
More to come!

Dash out in one piece today. Has an am/ fm radiò programmable. Big deal in 66'. Has power convertible top button and trim. A special dash, they only made 2500 of them like this.

Dash out in one piece today. Has an am/ fm radiò programmable. Big deal in 66'. Has power convertible top button and trim. A special dash, they only made 2500 of them like this.

That is great that you got the dash out in one piece. Your radio is rare. I have never seen one in person. I looked for one for a couple of years and gave up.

That is great that you got the dash out in one piece. Your radio is rare. I have never seen one in person. I looked for one for a couple of years and gave up.

My Red 66 has the AM/FM I had no idea it was a rare model....price just went up woohoo! Also has rear speakers and rear antenna....rarer and rarer....well mb

Make sure you save that fender tag off your red one. Some really nice options. I almost installed a rear power antenna when I was doing the body work, but got lazy and didn't do it. It was more about filling the old hole.

Zymurgy, thanks for the info. It's been great having your advise and comments. I will be sure to take off that fender tag. I plan to really only trash the rusted out steel panels. I'm even cutting out the 1/4 panels as I can use a patch on one side. Now that our cars have turned 50 this year finding good parts has become very difficult and expensive. That why I purchased a whole parts car ( with a trashed frame) and spent the last few weeks stripping every part I can.
Dobalovr: I also have the rear antenna and one rear speaker mounted under the convertible top in the center above the back seat. As close to stereo as possible back then.
Unbelievably both cars mine and this parts car are red. The car that I've had for 20 yrs and have never drove is also the same red color. According to the fender tag it was original red as well. It's a really nice red and when I repaint in the spring it will be back to that original red. I can't wait. I will post the restore of my original car as well. The pics in the beginning of this thread on page one is my car. It has a lot but needed a lot as well. Original radio was gone. Anyway, the horn button, perfect dash pad, original am fm radio and uncracked steering wheel that came out today will go back in my car after the bodywork.
It's exciting! I love these cars!
Have a great day!

HOLD On, Wait, Time Out here! Something's not right, that motors painted blue. It should be painted turquoise! Mine is! Debate.

I checked the rear today. Prepped it for removal . It did have 2 tags on it as I found eventually.
On the driver side a square tab under the bolt. It reads 323.
I spun the back tires before removal. Both moved the same direction so I'm thinking it's a possi/ suregrip. Then I found the second tag on the rear (passenger side). Large round white tag that said Sure Grip USA.
How sweet it is!
Does the 323 square tag indicate my rear gearing?
Thanks guys!

I don't know if the motor has ever been painted. It has been so original in disassembly. I know it was a 46 k original owner car. I never asked if he painted the motor for cosmetics.

I would presume the 323 is the rear end ratio, since that is one of the available ratios. The engine color does look off, PO must have painted it.

It should be closer to this.
engine 2.sm.jpg

Back