jegs.com - what happened to them?

shooter65

Reaction score
I wanted to get some Red paint for my 273 to touch up the water pump after changing the timing belt. Of course, no one had Mopar paint anymore but Jegs still lists it on their website. I ordered it and after the order, it showed on backorder. I know it will never come off backorder because it's no longer made so I called to cancel the order. No way to do it on line. I started at 122 in line. Over two hours I worked down to 26 and got cut off, not sure why. I called back, now I'm 107 in line.

I'll never make the mistake of ordering anything from Jegs again. I ordered from Hirsch Auto instead.

Note today's date in the bottom right hand corner. Still showing it will ship this week on there web page.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 Engine Paint from JEGS.jpg

Here is the status of the order I placed on June 9....Backordered.....

Status of Order placed over a week ago.jpg

2 yrs ago the Coughlin's sold out to a private equity firm...the last time I tried to order something it showed it was available and gave a projected date of arrival...then once I placed the order they got back to me and said it was backordered with no idea when it would show up...the only good thing was that I had spent enough to get free shipping with the 2 items and even though they refunded the money on the backordered one they still shipped the other for free...and that was before they sold out...wonder what country the call center is in...

It's not just Jegs. Summit pulled this stunt on me 3 times.
I learned to call the manufacturer first to check availability.
I heard lines like " I doubt if ever" and "I don't know why it still shows in the catalog."

It's not just Jegs. Summit pulled this stunt on me 3 times.
I learned to call the manufacturer first to check availability.
I heard lines like " I doubt if ever" and "I don't know why it still shows in the catalog."
The brothers I lived with ordered exhaust for an 80's Camaro. Took over nine months to figure out it was never coming and cancel the order and get a refund. Called somewhere else and had a exhaust on a few days.

I’ve never ordered from Jeg’s, have always used Summit and never had a problem with them.

Back