John Force Wreck

It was like fans around the tee at a PGA event .. the same distant from the cars whizzing by and same lack of protection in case one left the track. Imagine the grass is the asphalt track. Ugh.
I used to drag race at an 1/8 mile "outlaw" track called Utica Rome. The track was narrow with a short shutdown and it was at night, so you'd hit the shutdown and it was pitch black once you got past the traps. The grandstand was within spitting distance of the starting line.

I'm actually in the lane farthest from the grand stand in this pic.

vlT6yBT.jpg

Crazy times.. But geez, that place was fun. I saw three cars go off the end of the shutdown and into the weeds one night. There was some fast cars that raced there too as they paid pretty well... Also sold beer (Milwaukee's Best) in the only food stand and that was in the pits. Watched a jet car blow over the popcorn trailer that an older couple ran one night. They (the track owner) had a Great Dane that was their "watch dog". It carried a VW wheel and tire around in it's mouth. Rumor was it had killed a horse, but having owned Great Danes myself, I doubt that one.

Blast from the Past Drag Racing | Thank you everyone for your ongoing prayers for my dad after his accident

Brittany forceBlast from the Past Drag Racing

Top contributor
· toednporSsiflah19tm5cfg8fl0611um5lf7gc2f78l95816l75htmm73h36 ·

Thank you everyone for your ongoing prayers for my dad after his accident in Richmond . My family and I have seen the outcome of uplifting words and support over the last few weeks and we are so appreciative of you all. It truly mean so much to us. My dad had some great progress here in virginia, but he still has a long road ahead. The next step is getting him moved to a rehabilitation centre. We are so blessed to be part of these amazing racing community, no one is tougher than my dad and I know it will be everyone support that help him get through these next steps in his recovery.
Thank you everyone!
1f499.png

john-force-jpg.jpg

Thanks for that!

Man, I wish Ashley would return to driving!

I was at Pomona in 2012 at the Winternationals when Courtney got her TF license!

John was moved to a care center closer to home yesterday. He took Brittany out for some ice cream for her birthday. Well, he was outside for a picture at least.

Back