Just installed my new rims and tires

Derek Simpson

Reaction score
I know this look might not be everyone's taste but I'm really happy on how this looks. I'm running 18x8 in the front and 20x9.5 in the rear.

IMG_4220.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good! It's not to my taste but I do like it. What size tires did you put on? They look like 40 or 50 profile. Does the car handle better? Is the ride rougher? Anyways congrats! Be careful though I think your battery fell out!:rolleyes:

Thank you! They are a 30, definitely thin on the side wall lol.

I haven't had a chance to drive it at all! I drove it maybe 200 feet to my driveway lol.. I have brake work next on my list. I'm doing the 73 spindle swap. All I really need now is the master and the booster

I really hope this summer that I can drive her

I just can't get into the different diameter front and rear wheels, nor rubber bands, but it's your car. The 18s look better to me.

Give me a break.......... :BangHead:

I guess the wheels made the battery go dead....? I see several things that would be a priority over expensive wheels & tires.

I guess the wheels made the battery go dead....? I see several things that would be a priority over expensive wheels & tires.
I've always had a misplaced priority on wheels and tires over cosmetic things.

I have plenty of other parts bought, just gotta install them. I just wanted to show off my new wheels.

The battery I'm still deciding on what to go with, a gel or normal battery.

I do have a plan lol

As said I would at least lower the front end just enough for some attitude.
Although your wheel /tire combo look cool, do not EVER hit a pot hole!!!

Yes I agree but sometimes we do things like this to give us inspiration and excitement to get the project done. It can actually commit ourselves to follow through with the project.

Saw your post on FB and most comments were positive. I can appreciate what you are doing with the wheel upgrade but I'm too much of a purist which is funny because one of the first things I do on the lot with a new car is change out the factory wheels for some customs. Then again FCA doesn't make a car as cool as a C body anymore ....so any thing helps ...

First thing I did before I started the restoration on mine was to buy new wheels and Tires Now 3 years and a full resto later it just got painted. The wheels inspired the final look to me so I get it.
Mine are 17s though.
Will post pic when finished.
I would be worried about pot holes with those though

Back