For Sale Late ‘60s - Early ‘70s C-body Chrysler Parts floor mat set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clover

Reaction score
Contact seller
One set of over-the-hump black Mopar floor mats, front and rear. They are genuine Mopar and say “Chrysler Parts” on them. They need to be cleaned. They are in excellent condition and are soft and supple, with no cracks. I found them rolled up in the trunk of a triple-black ‘73 Imperial four-door that I’m going to make drivable and sell for a friend. I think they are worth more than the value that they’d add to the car and I’d like to see someone that really wants them, get them. I don’t know what they’re worth, so I’m going to ask $600 plus shipping for the set and see if I’m off base or not. I know they’re rare!
IMG_6761.jpeg
IMG_6762.jpeg

Last edited:
Are there any part numbers & pentastar molded in [usually will be raised] on the back of the floormats ?
It's my understanding that all factory installed floor mats have the part numbers. Most likely, these are Mopar over the counter parts or dealer installed optional floormats.

Also they may not be original / vintage floormats but instead maybe reproductions. This style floormat was available a few years back. All of the major parts distributors carried them though now seem to be a discontinued item.

Here's a link to Classic Industries showing the reproduction floormats and current status - Discontinued

floormats.jpg

Are there any part numbers & pentastar molded in [usually will be raised] on the back of the floormats ?
It's my understanding that all factory installed floor mats have the part numbers. Most likely, these are Mopar over the counter parts or dealer installed optional floormats.

Also they may not be original / vintage floormats but instead maybe reproductions. This style floormat was available a few years back. All of the major parts distributors carried them though now seem to be a discontinued item.

Here's a link to Classic Industries showing the reproduction floormats and current status - Discontinued

[/URL]

View attachment 680288
As far as I know, they are not factory-installed mats. I didn’t know that there was such a thing. I didn’t notice any pentastars or part numbers on the back. I don’t think that they’re reproductions, as they were in the car when the current owner bought it, in the early 80s.

AFAIK the reproduction matts had a Mopar logo. The the old dealer supplied mats have the Chrysler parts logo.

AFAIK the reproduction matts had a Mopar logo. The the old dealer supplied mats have the Chrysler parts logo.
I’ll have to check the backs. I didn’t notice anything before but I wasn’t looking for anything, either. These have a pentastar and say “Chrysler Parts” on the front.

One set of over-the-hump black Mopar floor mats, front and rear. They are genuine Mopar and say “Chrysler Parts” on them. They need to be cleaned. They are in excellent condition and are soft and supple, with no cracks. I found them rolled up in the trunk of a triple-black ‘73 Imperial four-door that I’m going to make drivable and sell for a friend. I think they are worth more than the value that they’d add to the car and I’d like to see someone that really wants them, get them. I don’t know what they’re worth, so I’m going to ask $600 plus shipping for the set and see if I’m off base or not. I know they’re rare!View attachment 679092View attachment 679093
Out of the 1970 Accessory catalog on the Hamtramck site. This style wasn't pictured in prior years.
1725460832722.png

1725460906169.png

Actually that style floormat was available before 1970 model year.
Here is the page from the 1969 accessories manual.
See the picture at top left though it is small.
IMG_8687.jpeg

[/URL]

View attachment 680288
I checked the backs and other than nubs to keep them in place, the only other marks are the front mat has
EL 0-1774-2 and the rear mat has
EL 1-1775-1. No other writing or symbols on the backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back