Let's Play a game: What's this Part?

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Recently I have seen a lot of "What's this part?" questions, so I thought I'd start a thread where they can be kept together and periodically updated with the answers. I myself have helped others ID something, sometimes running to the garage to snap a pic that might be helpful. Others have scanned FSM pages and so forth. Let's keep it simple and informational, state the make, model and year of what you are working on, then post a pic of the part you need an answer for. It might turn into a useful resource. I know I have a lot of parts I have no clue about so I'll start:

'70 Chrysler 300 convertible, Google picture search has turned up nothing, but I think these might be part of the interior?

part1.jpg
part2.jpg

Thanks,
James

I think it's the bracket that mounts under the rear door panel back by the hole for the top and top frame. Black arrow pointing to the screw.

Wider portion on top.

Vert bracket.jpg

OK hate to be a nit picker but a convertible as pictured above does not have a rear door.

The panel with the rear armrest and the handle is a rear quarter interior panel.

I see this nomenclature all the time on various sites.... anyway, do not be offended.

That is the support bracket that goes under the rear interior panels for 1969 and 1970 300 convertibles. The snap as shown in post #2 screws down through that bracket. Care should be taken check for enlarged holes in the brackets from oversized screws, a common problem. A simple fix is to hammer bracket hole flat and renforce the area w/ a small amount of brazing rod. I may seem like overkill, it will help w/ helping w/ screw retention and prevent screw pull out.

Back