Let's see some Wagons!

Hasn't run since 1985 when it had a rod knock.
From the pictures you've provided it appears that it will clean up really nicely, congratulations. Have you personally heard the engine run? On more than one occasion I've heard an engine that sounded like it had a spun rod bearing, only to find that it was actually loose torque converter bolts allowing it to rattle around.

I have a couple wagons myself 1 is a 67 fury 3 limo 6 door wagon it is a project I'm working on and then I have a 68 dodge polara wagon 100% all original right down the the belts and hoses and even spark plugs only thing that has been changed on it are the wheels and tires and the battery but I still have the original ones with original tires It only has 52000 miles on it and I would get in it and drive it anywhere I daily it alot more dependable than my 2013 durango I bought the car from the original owner which was a funeral home in Massachusetts that used it as there flower car and have all the mantinance records for it and everything from when it was bought and how much they paid for it

I have a couple wagons myself 1 is a 67 fury 3 limo 6 door wagon it is a project I'm working on and then I have a 68 dodge polara wagon 100% all original right down the the belts and hoses and even spark plugs only thing that has been changed on it are the wheels and tires and the battery but I still have the original ones with original tires It only has 52000 miles on it and I would get in it and drive it anywhere I daily it alot more dependable than my 2013 durango I bought the car from the original owner which was a funeral home in Massachusetts that used it as there flower car and have all the mantinance records for it and everything from when it was bought and how much they paid for it
Post some pics! Sounds cool!

I found this car sitting in a field..I'm serious there was a couple of snakes living in it.i love this and I'm trying to get her better each day but I've hit some major walls on repairs and I'm gonna need some advice

FB_IMG_1519665962529.jpg

FB_IMG_1519665993145.jpg

IMG_20180227_153832.jpg

FB_IMG_1519896468418.jpg

Oh I'm gonna hot rod the hell out of her....but somethings I want left stock. Infact I just bought this car here in the pic cause of a low mileage virgin 440 with a steel crank. I just need the short block.everything else is up for grabs.It's all original but I'm hoping if I can use the rear end from this and put it on my wagon...I'm not sure

received_2620319088107205.jpeg

received_2620319101440537.jpeg

received_2620319081440539.jpeg

received_2620319051440542.jpeg

Oh I'm gonna hot rod the hell out of her....but somethings I want left stock. Infact I just bought this car here in the pic cause of a low mileage virgin 440 with a steel crank. I just need the short block.everything else is up for grabs.It's all original but I'm hoping if I can use the rear end from this and put it on my wagon...I'm not sure
Well, your parts car looks like she might help somebody else... thanks for offering to sell whats left.

Whats wrong with the blue engine? the distributor is in the right place...

Well, your parts car looks like she might help somebody else... thanks for offering to sell whats left.

Whats wrong with the blue engine? the distributor is in the right place...
oh nothing at all...just isn't good enough for me...go I got the older block for safe boring to really help out.im

oh nothing at all...just isn't good enough for me...go I got the older block for safe boring to really help out.im
I suspect you could rehome that in here as well, or save it for when the dream adjusts itself.

I can't say I would go the way you want to, but at least she's not dissolving into the earth any longer. The only advice I have is don't try to emulate whatever the TV guys do or the chevy guys... you'll build a much better car if you work with the factory design, instead of trying to beat it into something else.

I suspect you could rehome that in here as well, or save it for when the dream adjusts itself.

I can't say I would go the way you want to, but at least she's not dissolving into the earth any longer. The only advice I have is don't try to emulate whatever the TV guys do or the chevy guys... you'll build a much better car if you work with the factory design, instead of trying to beat it into something else.
Not quite sure what your meaning but I don't leave a good 440 not to use.i have a Dodge short bed it's going in. As far as factory specs...well to be blunt...I don't care for factory ...I want to build the car my way...not factory way, lean burn sucks!!! Lol. Anyways I ordered the $900 headers and the 500 aluminum radiator set up first. Need to make they are good for the new motor.since I'm running a performer rpm...I'm gonna have to punch a hole in my hood so she can breath

Not quite sure what your meaning... I'm gonna have to punch a hole in my hood so she can breath
That... that is where we will stop agreeing on the project. I would encourage you to find a lesser hood to muck up and save the original if clean. I also know that will be almost as hard as finding another clean one if you or the next owner wants to change back later.

Most of my comments... I was thinking about the suspension... too many fail to appreciate the original and try to do enhancements that won't improve anything.

That... that is where we will stop agreeing on the project. I would encourage you to find a lesser hood to muck up and save the original if clean. I also know that will be almost as hard as finding another clean one if you or the next owner wants to change back later.

Most of my comments... I was thinking about the suspension... too many fail to appreciate the original and try to do enhancements that won't improve anything.
Oh.. yeah I'm already ahead of you...I have another for that reason already..I know better than to cut up the original

The grille looks similar to a Newport. Want to see interior pics!
I'm pretty sure that in 68 the T&C's got Newport grilles. I saw a guy at Carlisle last year that slipped a NYer grille into a T&C. I thought that it looked much better that way.

Interior of the 70 T&C. Its going to clean up really nice, no rips just some electrical tape on one of the armrests.
View attachment 168698
View attachment 168699
View attachment 168700
Grab a big can of elbow grease and go to town.

I'm pretty sure that in 68 the T&C's got Newport grilles. I saw a guy at Carlisle last year that slipped a NYer grille into a T&C. I thought that it looked much better that way.

Grab a big can of elbow grease and go to town.
Close....but not the same....I need a new dashpad and non exist

Back