Like father, like son: 1971 Charger R/T and Senior Ball

71newport

Reaction score
That's me and my Charger in May 1984, off to Senior Ball. In a shocking suspension of good judgement, I let my 17 year old son take the car (I've had my Charger for 37 years) to his Senior Ball last night. Happy to report the car is safely back in the garage. I encouraged him to "move up to Chrysler" and take the Newport instead, as it has torsion air suspension (and a bench seat!). He chose to go the unrefined route.
IMG_5944.JPG
IMG_5912.jpg

Last edited:
That's me and my Charger in May 1984, off to Senior Ball. In a shocking suspension of good judgement, I let my 17 year old son take the car (I've had my Charger for 37 years) to his Senior Ball last night. Happy to report the car is safely back in the garage. I encouraged him to "move up to Chrysler" and take Newport instead, as it has torsion air suspension (and a bench seat!). He chose to go the unrefined route.
View attachment 289168 View attachment 289170

He might be too young to understand the perks of the bench seat haha eitherwise glad the car is back safe. I’m sure it was a great experience for him

You are a true car guy! “...happy to report the car is safely back in the garage...”. What you probably meant was YOUR SON and the car were both safely back home!!! HA! No biggie. Car guys are like that. Good looking kid by the way, but how about a few more pics of the car?

What did his date look like?:D

What a great looking Charger...one of my personal Fav's BTW....and a very handsome son you have there as well. Glad he was able to take the Charger out and return himself and the car safely.....good memories for him I'm sure. ;)

Here is my youngest daughter at Prom when i dropped her off in the wagon last week....

BBSWwTDh.jpg

What a great looking Charger...one of my personal Fav's BTW....and a very handsome son you have there as well. Glad he was able to take the Charger out and return himself and the car safely.....good memories for him I'm sure. ;)

Here is my youngest daughter at Prom when i dropped her off in the wagon last week....

View attachment 289257
Must have got her looks from Mom:poke:

Those are my favorites when it comes to Chargers. Back around ‘76, I had a ‘71 SE. B5 blue, white half vinyl, 383 4bbl, console shift automatic. Nice car, stupid me. I raced it and pretty well thrashed it. In the late ‘80s, I had a ‘72. Same green as your R/T, 318, green half vinyl. Totally changed it. Took off the vinyl, a nice score in a junkyard provided a black interior, did dual exhaust, and painted it the same gunmetal blue as on ‘80s Chrysler cars and minivans. Looked good. Sold when my son was born. Wish I had kept the SE. like I said, stupid me.

View attachment 289257
Beautiful... x 2.

Well preserved example of a Dodge Charger, love it. Good job Dad trusting your son with it.:thumbsup:

Back