Live from the moon:

Liberal personalities never do the honorable thing and resign. They hunker down and have their buddies give excuse after excuse for them, and they are then rewarded for their cleverness.

See Dan Rather, as just one of dozens of examples.

Last edited:
He must think he's John Wayne......

300px-J_Wayne-TGB.jpg

I don't want to besmirch anyone's heroric icon, but, John Wayne was an ... wait for it... an actor.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Ted Williams was what John Wayne would have liked us to think he was. Williams was so big, and handsome, and laconic, and direct, and unafraid in that uniquely American cowboy way.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Times,serif][/FONT][FONT=Times,serif]Robert Lipsyte[/FONT]

I don't want to besmirch anyone's heroric icon, but, John Wayne was an ... wait for it... an actor.

Ted Williams was ... wait for it .. a baseball player

Stan was .. wait for it ... a truck driver

tallhair was .. wait for it ... a logistician

we're all guys .. we have a job

John Wayne was an actor and had a job. He did a good job of it and was respected by his peers. Ted Williams was respected for his job

They were guys doing a job and their personality shown through.

The same with Bryan and Stan and Dave and etc.

Don't put down John Wayne as just an actor any more than you want to be put down for being just a truck driver

I loved him as an actor. I am saying that people often are thinking of the character John Wayne acted.

And TW was a fighter plan war hero. Twice.

Apparently he was a decent guy to be around as well. My Dad guarded John Wayne (lol - kept him company) when he came to the Derby one year.

I believe you missed my point.......

Warfighter's have used the phrase "He must think he's John Wayne" referring to poser's and fake's who act like John Wayne (who was a great actor and always portrays the military in a very honorable manner and always had great respect for the military) and either have never ever been on the battlefield or lied about what happened when "visiting" the battlefield like Brian Williams, et al.

Acadamy Award for Best Actor,
Ronald Regan in...
POTUS.

Had (and still does) make me believe he was one of our greatest presidents.

Back