Local cruise in N.J.

The last Two Wednesdays we had wet weather here. Its probably going to need a boost to get started. I keep telling pop to put it in the Cruisin paper but you cant tell him anything.

Ok. Keep us posted. I'm praying for cooler dry weather at Carlisle this year.

:skier:

The heat doesnt bother me. Dry, yes dry is good when at Carlisle but even a Carlisle washout is better than a working day.

Polara, those pics you posted of that rain event sure as heck did not look like any fun. I wouldn't want to get caught out in that -- instant mud pit?

Take a tent and you'll be fine. Last year it was an extended event so I packed up and went to the motel, it has an indoor pool.

I'm looking for a 12'x12' canopy. I saw a couple at Sports Authority.

Stan, do you have a tip on where to get one of those one piece pop up canopy's? I've bought the Lean Burn Kit, Car Cover, vinyl top cleaner and conditioner, and other items based on your excellent recommendations.

Dicks sporting goods has a variety of tents but now they are getting to clever with too many options on them, and becoming more cheaply made. I bilieve mine is a 10x10 with the roof vent, which is a great option. With the vent it is less likely to act like a kite and fly away with a strong breeze. I also bought the weights for around the feet of the tent to help hold it down.

If you take a tent to Carlisle be sure to bring a hammer for the stakes, those fairgrounds are built on a rock.

I think I have one of those left over from a birthday party. Good Idea -- if I make it I'll bring that along. Still gonna hope for NO rain, though:color:.

I seen that vent feature on the one displayed at Sports Authority. 12'x12' for $249. It looks durable and well constructed.

Thats a lot of cash but probably worth it.

You need it mostly for sun, not the rain.

I believe that the vent feature is needed to release the heat, especially on the 90+ degree days.

Thats what I thought too. I quickly realized it is more functional as a release for the breeze.

Wooses...

pinkbelle_parasol_smallpic.jpg

Maybe but I know how to spell...........

Whats a wooses? Isnt it supposed to have a U?

Back