Local police receiving surplus heavy armor. What do you think?

There are a number of police forces that have armored vehicles. For local law enforcement, they will typically use them to move closer to an extreme situation, rather than attempt to Physically "Rush" an armed and dangerous person who is hell bent on going down in a blaze of glory. The question is what is too "extreme". Using an M60A3 Main Battle tank on the Branch Dividians in Waco was extreme. These vehicles were free, so police forces said hey, why not, lets get one. NOW, they have to maintain these vehicles, so when it comes down to nuts and bolts, they really aren't free.

Here is the issue that concerns me. WHY does Home Land Defense need 6 Billion rounds of ammunition? WHY did HLD feel the need to order some 100 Armored Vehicles for their "tactical teams". What role will these be utilitized in? I spent 21 years in the military, 8 of which was in Special Operations, I can not find any rational reason for the direction that I see HLD moving towards with its tactical build up. Here's another issue and then I'll go back to mapping out my 1969 Fury III Convertible restoration. WHY are IRS agents being armed? Really? We now have the following Federal Forces that are armed and are either conducting raids on US citizens or now have a capability to conduct raids; US Marshals, DEA, ICE, FBI, Coast Guard, HLD, and the ATF. This does not include local law enforcement. Thanks, I'm now going back to the latest issue of MOPAR MUSCLE.

DSC_5433-950x630.jpg

10044501_H10351747-600x400.jpg

RTXYRUM.jpg

130419150517-46-boston-manhunt-0419-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Tactical-team-staging-in-Athens-OH-courtesy-twitter.com_.jpg

images

The United States government is already preparing for civil war. The (DHS) Department of Homeland Security has attempted to purchase 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in 2012. The quantity of rounds would give DHS the means to fight the equivalent of twenty-four Iraq wars.

still_wanna_surrender_your_assault_rifles.jpg

DHS purchased 2,717 mine resistant armor protected vehicles from the US Army Forces Command. Moreover, DHS is seeking to acquire 7,000 5.56X45mm NATO "personal defense weapons." Also, the Obama administration is urging the ban of high-powered semi-automatic guns and high capacity magazines for public sale to limit the potential threat from a possible civil war. The government must ensure a civil war resolves in their favor by disarming the public of powerful weapons.

naziroots_of_dept_homeland_security.jpg

But' I'm not worried.

Last edited:
The DoE also has SWAT teams and equipment.
I worked for the DOE a few years ago as a contractor at SRS down south. Can't see any reason why the DOE would need SWAT teams. If that is true then they are preparing for some really very unpleasant scenarios quietly behind the scenes.

I worked for the DOE a few years ago as a contractor at SRS down south. Can't see any reason why the DOE would need SWAT teams. If that is true then they are preparing for some really very unpleasant scenarios quietly behind the scenes.

Among the Energy Department’s most important work are efforts to address nuclear waste disposal challenges, secure vulnerable nuclear materials and reduce the numbers of nuclear weapons worldwide.

They gotta go out and git themselves some more new-cleeah materials by any means necessary.

Hitler really ruined that style of mustache. You just can't pull it off any more.

By the way, I'm not surrendering jack ****. They don't know what I have & we're gonna keep it that way.

WAY too many heavily armed US citizens who feel the same way. One of the reasons that people think Americans are a bunch of wackos.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great. There were over 600,000 hunters.
Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay.
But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
His point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower. Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
Someone just sent this to me, No way the gov is going to be taking away our guns!!!!!!!

It's called a "toothbrush" mustache. Charlie Chaplin and Oliver Hardy had one before Hitler did.

But yea, Hitler ruined it for the rest of us.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great. There were over 600,000 hunters.
Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay.
But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
His point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower. Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
Someone just sent this to me, No way the gov is going to be taking away our guns!!!!!!!

Hell Ya!!!

BTW, the Russians have protected home court for centuries. A little hiccup briefly in WWII.

Note: Once the Russians are outside of their borders........like Afghanistan.......it's "what are doing here?" And they got their *** kicked by terrorists in training.

Our Sheriff's department is rationalizing the acquisition of these beast as "it helps in serving warrants and such!" Really? What instance has the use of a quasi-tank been required to issue a fu*king warrant to someone??? The answer to that burning question is, of course, NONE!

One thing is, at least we're not leaving the equipment like that in-country over there to fall into the hands of people who really, truly do NOT need to have it to use later against us.

Our Sheriff's department is rationalizing the acquisition of these beast as "it helps in serving warrants and such!" Really? What instance has the use of a quasi-tank been required to issue a fu*king warrant to someone??? The answer to that burning question is, of course, NONE!

One thing is, at least we're not leaving the equipment like that in-country over there to fall into the hands of people who really, truly do NOT need to have it to use later against us.

We'll blow it up in place before letting Hadji have it....

Something tells me everyone in this thread is now on the NSA list and prime potential students in one of those Re-education Camps.

Posted via Topify on Android

If I go to the camp first, I'll try to save some seats for the rest of you.

You're one of "them", Bob. LOL
And just how high does your security clearance go.
For The President's Eyes Only?

Back