Location of turn signal relay

kgeorge3396

Reaction score
I just purchased a 60 Dodge Phoenix, the brake lights and back-up lights work, but none of the turn signals work. I was trying to replace the turn relay but when looking underneath the car I can't seem to find the location of the relay. Any help locating where it would be located would be appreciated.

There are also these two switches under the dash, and was wondering if anyone has any idea what these are, i've been looking at pictures of other 60s dodge and haven't found anything like it.
IMG_2891.jpg

Definitely aftermarket switches. Interesting that they are so close together.

Seems like the 1962 (or there-abouts) Chryslers had a "R" and "L" button the lh side of the instrument panel which were turn signal buttons. Perhaps the two toggle switches replicate them on your car?

Normally, the turn signal flasher is in the circuit somewhere. Might be in spring clip on the backside of the lower dash somewhere. Note, "flasher", not relay. On the 1966 cars, which have a genuine fuse block, it plugs into the upper corner of the fuse block.

On later model cars, the brake lights go through the turn signal switch, so might check them to see if they work.

Check www.jholst.net for almost everything 1955-1965 Chrysler Corp "full-size" cars, including service manuals. In more recent times the www.mymopar.com website has expanded into those earlier cars.

Take care,
CBODY67

Back